A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
311 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dollar Store Swap Round 2 (Sign-Ups CLOSED; Sendout 9/28)  (Read 15152 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Listener15
Just call me Listy

Keep me away from Craftster will ya! Ha!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 16, 2006 11:21:01 PM »

Swap name: Dollar Store Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Listener15
Craftster member who is co-organizing this swap: Hookin Flamingo
Sign-up date range: 8/16 - 8/31
Date to send item by: 9/28

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages allowed

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:
We have all gone to the local dollar store and have seen things that would be fun to use in a future swap or a swap you're doing right then but didn't want to get it for fear of beening seen as a total cheapskate...well here's your chance! This swap is all about your dollar store love. 

RULES:
1.  It's easy to go nuts in the dollar store, so there is a spending limit.  No less then $5 and no more than $10.
2.  There are fake dollar stores out there. You know the ones, The 99 Cents (and in really itty bitty letters) and up stores.  Well, for this swap the store has to be at least 90% of just dollar stuff, there are some stores out there that have a "roped off" section of items that are more than a dollar, but to store has to be almost all dollar items.
3.  No going to other stores like Micheals or WalMart and going to their dollar section.  The store has to be at least 90% dollar stuff.
4.  No thrift stores.  I know I know, but they are so wonderful! I thought a while about this and I think it would be fun to just keep to the dollar store.
5.  Think of this swap as a little bit of a stash buster, you can use whatever you have left over from other swaps or other crafts you can do...but no buying other stuff at the craft store.  Need yellow paint? Try to think of a way around it, change it around, be creative!  The only thing you can go get is glues.  Some things you want to do have a very specific glue needed that you just don't have, or you run out of it...so you can go get glues (or what ever you need to stick to it...). 
6.  Go nuts! This should be fun and a bit tacky, after all it is the dollar store...the land of cheap plastic things and slightly stale food...and totally addictive *grin*

Any questions about any of this feel free to PM me, I am home around 7pm Pacific time so I will try my best to answer any questions as soon as I get home.

EDIT: What to craft...duh, can't believe I forgot that well anyway...

Thee small items, or one medium one small item, or one large item....as large an item can be from the dollar store lol  Really, it is all dollar store size relative.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Dollar Store Swap Round 2
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of the US?:
Any allergies?:
Do you wear jewlery?:
A little get to know you bio (go bonkers with this):
Any other things you may want your swap partner to know:

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

Participants:
susanab
OriginalYouth
summerthyme
smashergrl
(First Time Swaper, can't join any other swap but this one)
Hookin Flamingo
wax51 (First Time Swaper, can't join any other swap but this one)
bekahzzz (First Time Swaper, can't join any other swap but this one)
eirinnkelly
curlygirl51
Kraphtee87
jennyleigh (First Time Swaper, can't join any other swap but this one)
motleycruiser
dayzi
spookytonberry
Psychocraftishredhead(First Time Swaper, can't join any other swap but this one)
vampirebunny
FututreTrophyWife
kristieb
ambraqi
Skrabadoo
Leylia
Tara1979
Shelichan
mommys little badass
princess_me
Evil_Abbe
RockWaterFalls
Bluebubble
WhisperedEternity
cumber1137
jp197012
Listener15
emiko

Note:[ Just the UK people are in a circle group so that they could save on postage...everyone else has regular one to one partners.  PLEASE check this list to make sure I sent you the right info!

Partners:
vampirebunny --> WhisperedEternity
WhisperedEternity --> spookytonberry
spookytonberry -->vampirebunny

dayzi <--> Hookin Flamingo
OriginalYouth <--> bekahzzz
cumber1137 <--> Shelichan
princess_me <--> FututreTrophyWife
motleycruiser <--> jennyleigh
Evil_Abbe <--> summerthyme
smashergrl <--> jp197012
Leylia <--> curlygirl51
susanab <-->Psychocraftishredhead
Bluebubble <--> RockWaterFalls
eirinnkelly <--> Skrabadoo
kristieb <--> Tara1979
ambraqi <--> emiko
Kraphtee87 <--> Listener15
wax51 <--> mommys little badass

Swap Angels:
Hookin Flamingo is a Swap Angel for RockWaterFalls
bekahzzz is a Swap Angel for princess_me
patty_o_furniture is a Swap Angel for Listener15
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006 01:19:33 PM by Listener15 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listener15
Just call me Listy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006 12:03:33 AM »

just to clarify... you're buying the supplies for your swap package at the dollar store, right?

that's so fun!

Supplies and/or revamp something there...

Example: I see dice at the dollar store all the time, maybe you can drill through them and make a bracelet or or necklace.  Or you can get one of the toys, like a sword, and decorate it with glittler, fabric, paint, and yarn, make it a streamer or sorts.

That help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006 05:15:48 AM »

What do you mean tacky?  I can buy little stretched canvases, converse knock-off shoes, cute boxers, and all kinds of other little wonders at my $ store!  Seriously, I can make some AWESOME stuff with $10!  Honestly, I am going to have to STOP before $10, just so I don't end up being another 'overachiever'!  (that's what they called me on the instant swap we are finishing now! lol)

I went again last night, to wander the aisles and think about my options...didn't get anything yet for this swap (have to wait and find out my partner's likes and wants and deco scheme) but I did spend $49.00.  Of course, mine ROCKS!  They actually have good groceries too!  (6-packs of yogurt, fresh grape tomatoes, healthy choice lunch meats, etc!)

Don't you all be jealous!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

susanab
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006 05:37:38 AM »

Wink

Listy--
In the swap description you have no paint but in answer to a post you mention use glitter, paint...I just want to make sure that I don't miscreate: use paint if we have it in our stash...? Thanky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
Listener15
Just call me Listy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006 06:23:13 AM »

What do you mean tacky?  I can buy little stretched canvases, converse knock-off shoes, cute boxers, and all kinds of other little wonders at my $ store!  Seriously, I can make some AWESOME stuff with $10!  Honestly, I am going to have to STOP before $10, just so I don't end up being another 'overachiever'!  (that's what they called me on the instant swap we are finishing now! lol)

I went again last night, to wander the aisles and think about my options...didn't get anything yet for this swap (have to wait and find out my partner's likes and wants and deco scheme) but I did spend $49.00.  Of course, mine ROCKS!  They actually have good groceries too!  (6-packs of yogurt, fresh grape tomatoes, healthy choice lunch meats, etc!)

LoL dude, I need to go to the dollar store that  you do *grin*

Wink

Listy--
In the swap description you have no paint but in answer to a post you mention use glitter, paint...I just want to make sure that I don't miscreate: use paint if we have it in our stash...? Thanky.

Yup, if you have the paint already in your stash go for it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockWaterFalls
Dances With Arrows

Slave to the Craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006 07:14:59 AM »

I'm excited. I'm just waiting for my partner from Fill A Bag to receive...I'll start cooking up a mean bio in the down time...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Old Links I'm too Lazy to Change yet...:
Wists: http://www.wists.com/rockwaterfalls
Stalkers: http://www.geocities.com/amanda_zobel
subdefective
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006 08:14:22 AM »

Wow, I'm *totally* jealous! I thought my dollar store (the Dollar Tree) was just about the best one around. My store has food, but only boxed and canned stuff, nothing fresh, really. That's cool.

I might have to do this swap. I love any excuse to go to the dollar store. *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
Hookin Flamingo

What were you saying again?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006 01:14:13 PM »

I am so in on this...
I am going to send in my info and hope like crazy that I get all of my wild feedback problems undercontrol butthe time you give out partners.

It should not be a problem, all my feedbacks have to do with the post office being S-L-O-W  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to make you a journal for a personal swap. PM me!
My wist: http://www.wists.com/hookinflamingo
My blog: http://thehappyhookinflamingo.blogspot.com/

Dorkariffic asked me to the hoe down *blushes* I feel like Cinderella going to the ball *GRIN*
setyourselfonfire

Shakespeare hates your emo poems

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006 07:36:26 PM »

ok, thanks Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006 08:58:30 AM by setyourselfonfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Listener15
Just call me Listy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006 07:43:01 PM »

God.... I live in Canada, I have one post and I joined (today?)... I've never joined any swap at all but I'm itching to... Can I be considered ? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! *puppy face*

If I join and somebody hates whatever I sent to them, you can storm me with negative feedback and hate mail...and bombs in my mail...and other evil stuff.

Pweeeeeeez! Sad

Don't worry, by the time you're eligable for swaping I am willing to bet there will be a round 3....this looks to be a fun swap! How about next time?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Bronzer, Blush and Luminizer
Halloween Inspiration from Celebrities Who Dare to Go Bold
Nicki Minaj Minajesty Commercial
How To Apply Matte Red Lip Stain
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...