A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
413 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: MAKE a Craft Zine Swap  (Read 3565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shewilldieyoung.
« on: August 16, 2006 09:18:07 PM »

I don't know if this is technically considered a swap or not but I know once upon a time there was a swap where a page-by-page craft zine was made. Actually, here's the thread for it...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=22267.0

I think that is a totally awesome idea and I would LOVE to do it.

This is how I'm thinking it could work...

Everyone who participates would chose a craft that they're really good at making and create a tutorial on paper for it. Almost like a recipe. You know, list the supplies and how long it takes to make and then the step by step directions with pictures and everything.

The pages would then have to get copied and assembled into the zine and then finally, distributed.

I have access to free copying, black and white only (but it is limited, I can't go make 40 thousand copies) so I could copy and assemble the zine if everyone wanted to send their pages to me.

Distributing them however may be difficult. Depending on how thick it is and how much postage would cost, I may not be able to send them all out after it is assembled.

Hmmm, I know there are some kinks to work out but I think I should see if there is any interest before I start to fully concentrate on trying to figure it all out.

Basically, it would be like you swap your one tutorial/craft instruction page for a fully completed zine of tutorials. Sooooo, whatdya think?!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006 11:52:50 AM by shewilldieyoung. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
Dancer4Ever
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006 07:44:27 AM »

It sounds interesting...I would have to join if it happened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bento Swap Round 4- Sent
MAF Round 6- Working on package 2
All Things Hayao Miyazaki Swap- watching movies and gathering ideas
June 2010 Birthday Swap- Crafting for a fellow June baby
Post Secret Swap- crafting away my secrets
geebeekay
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006 10:33:58 PM »

Ohh. Craft zines <3

I`m totally down. this sounds like a really cool idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006 05:39:29 AM »

Ohh. Craft zines <3

I`m totally down. this sounds like a really cool idea.

Same here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006 11:29:09 AM »

I'd really love to do this, I just wish more people were interested. We wouldn't have to have a ton of people, even like 10 or 15 would be good.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006 12:11:48 PM by shewilldieyoung. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
1craftgrl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006 04:19:36 AM »

It sounds fun and interesting...i could do it on my knitted wallet Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dewey

A true friend stabs you in the front - O. Wilde

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006 10:46:55 PM »

I'd totally do this

Let me know
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006 11:12:53 PM »

Oo! That's a few more people. Maybe we could do this!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006 09:49:54 AM »

I don't think I would be able to take part but I have an idea non the less, namely; once the zine is done, scan it and make it into a pdf document and everyone can either keep it on their computer or print it themselves.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006 09:51:50 AM by trillian » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006 11:38:18 AM »

I don't think I would be able to take part but I have an idea non the less, namely; once the zine is done, scan it and make it into a pdf document and everyone can either keep it on their computer or print it themselves.

Yeah, that's how they did the last one but I really wanted to do it so that we all got hard copies. I don't know why but it makes it seem more complete when I can hold it in my hands and be like "yes! it's done!" .
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006 04:39:02 PM by shewilldieyoung. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Festival De Cannes 2014: Beauty Rendezvous with Dessange and Dior
How to Style a Messy Bun with Flowers
How to Tame Summer Frizz
Change Up Your Look with Hair Extensions
How To Get Effortless Beach Wavy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...