A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GIRL BAND CD SWAP TAKE 2 [SIGN UPS CLOSED / SEND OUT 8/31]  (Read 6207 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2006 01:32:08 AM »

Ladies of the Commonwealth Bloc (aka Group 2)

Your CDs all went out this morning. And sure, it might be Friday the 1st here, but somewhere in the world it's still the 31st. After I get home this evening, a PM will follow for you all, coz I need to explain a something.

Shewilldieyoung - was that done on purpose? Making up a Commonwealth group, I mean  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Here, There and Everywhere

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2006 10:12:12 AM »

I have now posted to all of group 2, so expect mail  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2006 04:12:11 PM »

Shewilldieyoung - was that done on purpose? Making up a Commonwealth group, I mean  Grin

Well there was a good chunk of people who were in the USA and only wanted to send within the USA so we had a couple USA groups. Then there were the people who were in Canada that only wanted to send to Canada or the USA so we have a Canada/USA group. So it sort of ended up being that the remaining countries all got to be on one group! I think of you guys as lucky because you get the most culture and variety out of everyone!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
Kitten Wrangler

« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2006 06:14:16 PM »

So it sort of ended up being that the remaining countries all got to be on one group! I think of you guys as lucky because you get the most culture and variety out of everyone!  Smiley

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing at that statement. ROFL laughing. I know what you mean, but it's only in the last, say, 50 years or so that Australia has begun to emerge from its British mimicry, and is trying to be a country and culture in its own right. If that makes any sense. We were singing 'God Save the Queen' until the 1970s, I think.

I think what I'm trying to say is that Australia and the UK are different - but still a lot the same. We share a lot of our culture with each other. BBC comedies, The Goodies, Doctor Who, Fawlty Towers, Hitchhiker's Guide, Goons, etc etc etc. All this stuff is second nature to me, and not just something I discovered one night during a 'special showing' on an obscure TV channel or something like that. In return, we send the UK our soapies, and soapie stars, and our soapie-turned-singer-stars. (Anyone want Neighbours spoilers, and BTW, Stephanie McIntosh (she plays Sky, and is Jason Donovan's half sister) has just started a music career!!!!!!)

I think the CDs that I sent out would have more familiarity to the UK, than to the USA. But then again - that sort of stuff always depends on what you listen to anyway. If you're a big Joss Whedon fan, then you'll recognise one of the singers on the CD. So... if you're a Brit who watches Buffy, you'll recognised names or titles of about 7 different things.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2006 07:40:38 PM »

Lol okay, I have no idea who half the people and tv shows and bands? are that you just said but I think I got the point.

I hope I didn't offend you or anything...  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
Kitten Wrangler

« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2006 08:36:43 PM »

Lol okay, I have no idea who half the people and tv shows and bands? are that you just said but I think I got the point.

I hope I didn't offend you or anything...  Lips sealed

Hell no, I'm not offended. Not even anywhere close to it. Just amused.

And if you've got a boring weekend ahead of you, go look up those names.

*singing* Goodieees....... goodie goodie yum yum...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2006 09:00:40 PM »

Unfortunately, no boring weekend for me. Well, I mean... I'm working all weekend so yes, it IS boring but it doesn't quite give me the opportunity for anything remotely fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Mordoria
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2006 02:15:55 PM »

Group 3 ladies, your cds went out in the mail today.  Hope you like them!  I've totally had swap anxiety over them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Trailer for The Bridge by Karen Kingsbury
A Trailer for Whirlybirds and Ordinary Times by Katie Savage
A Trailer for Iscariot: A Novel of Judas by Tosca Lee
Writing a Eulogy Step by Step
Author Simon Sinek on Traveling to Distant and Unfamiliar Places
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...