A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,431
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Skinny green corduroys - with BUTTONS!  (Read 3113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
Miss American Pie
« on: August 16, 2006 01:00:22 PM »

Haha, I leave for college tomorrow morning, and I haven't quite finished packing yet, but since I'm not taking my sewing machine to school (for now at least), I had to make these babies last minute. They're surprisingly comfy, considering how tight they are. I made them out of stretch corduroys from old navy. The buttons are mismatched because I just used those cheap ones you get in a tube of 30 or so for $1.50. Anyway, here are the pictures--

I don't really think these are the right kind of pants for my butt, but I love how my legs look in them. Maybe I could wear a short black dress or a tunic with them to hide the posterior.

I have some great black square-toe flats with gold buckles, which would look great with them, and some pumps too, but all my fall clothes and good shoes are packed already, so I just modeled them with winter boots and a coat, haha. Well, time to pack these up with the rest of my stuff.

Thanks for looking. As always, questions and comments welcome.

Crafty is as Crafty Does

I dig skinny pale guys, no seriously I do

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006 01:34:15 PM »

For skinny jeans they look really good, I take from the gypsy women in my family and have a curvy figure so skinny jeans and I don not get along but they look great on you  Grin

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006 01:43:20 PM »

AH, I loooove this idea...how'd you do it?
Janet! Dr.Scott! Janet! Brad! Rocky!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006 02:16:50 PM »

they're hot. I love skinny pants, but sadly they don't always love me.

The sky is blue and righteous in every direction. The sun is total and burning and just there in front. We're on top of the clouds and this is a beautiful day forever. -Chuck Palahniuk, Survivor

Ready for the runway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006 03:09:35 PM »

those are so cute. i love them

I'm gonna be the next BIG american designer...
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006 03:44:02 AM »

please tell me how you did it mine didnt work out that well...

put on your dancing shoes you sexy little swine
Miss American Pie
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006 07:21:37 AM »

please tell me how you did it mine didnt work out that well...

I laid the pants out flat and pinned the sides. Then I tried them on inside out (so I wouldn't get pricked), and adjusted the pins where it was too loose or too tight. Next I sewed up the seams where I pinned with a double stitch, leaving some room at the bottom for the buttons. Then I folded over the fabric I left at the bottom and sewed it down. Next I sewed button holes and buttons on it.

Well, the button part is kind of hard to explain. I don't have time to make a proper tutorial right now, but maybe someday.

By the way, I'm curious as to what people's opinions are on the buttons. Are they a nice touch? Or do they take away from the concept of "skinny pants"? I like them because they kind of draw attention to my ankles and calves rather than up top where it doesn't fit as well as I'd like.

If I make another pair of "skinnies" should I use buttons or not?

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006 08:19:48 AM »

wow, well done! those look really professional Smiley I like the buttons on them, but as a personal preference, I don't think you should put them on the next pair you make, unless they were really cool buttons, or maybe you could try a zip, butthey might not always go with what you want to wear the trousers with, but I don't know.....well done again though, and good luck for college, can I ask where you live? are you needing warm autumny clothes already?

my cat playing dead ;p

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006 08:26:20 AM »

Wow very cute.  I think the buttons are a nice twist.  You could put them on the next pair, or you could leave them off so you have some variety.  One embellished pair and one plainer pair.  I think you could definitely wear them with a longer tunic if you want to cover the bum-bum (which I like to do too!).  The great thing as well is your range of options for footwear.  Ballet flats, patent pumps, and I even plan on wearing mine with tall knee high boots pulled up over them!  Have fun at school and have fun sporting your skinnys!

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006 09:12:38 AM »

those are seriously awesome! and they really good with those boots! i want them! i think you should sell them to me

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Molly Weiner Interviews Author Jennifer Weiner
Lisa Genova on Her Novel "Love Anthony"
"Little Dog, Lost" Book Trailer
"The Romanov Conspiracy" Book Trailer
Author Steven on His Book A Man and His Ship
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family
Meatless Monday: Guava Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...