A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,206
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Labeling Bath & Body Products!  (Read 1193 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mandyx05
« on: August 15, 2006 11:12:37 PM »

Hi everyone Smiley I'm new & I must say I really admire everyone's creativity here!

Well, I have been making lotions & bath products and a local store around here just told me they are wanting to carry my stuff! I'm excited but I definitley need to create some more professional labels for my products.

I have tried looking up some information on the internet but just keep ending up confused. Can you make cute, professional (& somewhat waterproof) labels by yourself? If so, what kind of label sheets & printer would I need?

Thanks very much everyone! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NullSet
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006 12:19:37 AM »

I used to bottle my own beer and then make up my own labels.  It was really easy.  Just do a search for "beer, labels, making" and I'm sure you'll come up with something.  I found a pretty easy tutorial in pdf format http://www.hoptech.com/pdf/beerlabels.pdf#search=%22beer%20labels%20making%22

I'm sure it would apply to making labels for cosmetics.  A label is a label I figure!
HTH! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elayinay
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006 12:28:20 AM »

instead of actually labeling it, you could just make a small tag and attach it around the top with a pretty ribbon, or hemp? it wouldn't be waterproof, unless you used that plastic string type stuff (agh can't think of what it's called! I made bracelets out of in jr. high, lol). I guess it would all depend on what type of theme you wanted it to have, funky or girly or whatever. you could just get some circle stickers and write one letter of the name on each one with a sharpie and put it around like polka dots. are all your containers plastic bottles? or is some stuff in tubs or tubes or anything?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmmbop.
emalicious78
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006 08:43:15 PM »

They do make waterproof labels. If you go to the Avery Label website (www.avery.com), you can search their database. They also have a list of templates that you can download for free to help make the label design. Just a note, the waterproof labels generally require a laser jet printer. Otherwise, you might want to look into getting some custom made for you. Printing companies can make bulk labels for relatively low costs.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome." Albert Einstein

www.subu.etsy.com
visit often. buy a lot.
mandyx05
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006 12:47:57 PM »

Thanks for the responses! Smiley

Emalicious78, grr haha I just bought a new inkjet printer. Those labels sound similar to what I'm looking for though! Do you (or anyone!) have any reccomendations for printing companies by any chance?

I was just browsing the saks website and came across this real quick - I like the label design on this - something simple but pretty on a sticker label type thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elayinay
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006 06:18:08 PM »

I just found these on another post and remembered you!
http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/85x11-Waterproof-INKJET-Vinyl-Label-pr-405.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmmbop.
emalicious78
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006 11:12:04 AM »

not sure where you are to recommend. honestly, you are probably better off looking in the phone book under printing companies and call around for pricing. if you want to do it yourself, those waterproof inkjet labels look good, though you will have to cut them yourself. which will add time to production. and might not be cheaper than getting mass produced labels from another company...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different outcome." Albert Einstein

www.subu.etsy.com
visit often. buy a lot.
missevilkitty
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006 12:57:31 PM »

try esty.com theres a girl that makes some really cool custom labels its called , this and that i think... a bunch of indies are buying from here
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscribe
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006 01:08:39 PM »

Depending on the relationship you have and what other things the shop sells, they may be able to recommend someone who does labels for the other products they carry.

Ask whoever you get the bottles from, they might even have a list you can pick from.

For ideas, maybe go to stores that carry products similar to yours. See how they package the big brands.

If the store carries similar products to yours, I would look at what the others are doing and do something else! See if you can get yours to stand out by being either simpler or more flashy. Flashy as in eye-catching, not neccesarily straying into tacky - of course sometimes tacky works in the right place.

Oh sheesh, think I just contradicted myself.  Roll Eyes

I like the ribbon, hang tag idea - but make sure the ribbon is color fast. Ribbon dye that is not color fast is a beast to get off a countertop - trust me, been there and was most unhappy with the company who sold it.

Grin CONGRATULATIONS on this opportunity.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Chicken and Artichokes with Chef Patrick Connolly at Bobo
Home Style Fried Chicken
How To Cook Asparagus
Italian Sausage & Stuffed Mushrooms Recipes
Baked Potato
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...