A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,664
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting groups in Charlotte / Concord?  (Read 7425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Om_Mama
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009 08:52:40 AM »

Yeah, there are various groups but they are either underground, or exclusive for a certain group of friends or something.  I have heard of the Charlotte Craft Mafia and there was a knitting circle called Chicks with Sticks.  There is a really cool event in December in the Plaza-Midwood/Central area of town called Christmas in the 'Hood and I think that some of the vendors are in the Craft Mafia. 
Anyway, it would be cool to get something going.  I am really into indie craft, embroidery, knitting, and antique furniture.  I just started knitting so a needlecraft circle would be awesome.  I have asked the local library about using the space for this in the fall.  I will post back if they open it up. 

Hopefully we can come up with something one afternoon.  I would be cool with coming to the University area or NoDa if we could figure it out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009 10:30:26 PM »

I'll be returning to the Charlotte/Fort Mill area in about a month for an indeterminate period of time, but I'd love to meet with a group at some point!  I know another person or two who would probably be interested as well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2009 07:59:43 AM »

great!  it seems like some interest is building again...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009 10:47:32 PM »

I'm totally up for this!  RockDragon mentioned that there was someone else that would be interested...  That would be me!  Hoorah!  I'm on summer vacation right now so I have two more trips away from the Charlotte area between now at August 16 but am definitely interesting in hanging out with other crafty people! 

One of the local libraries would be a great idea.  Is there still someone checking into that??  I live near Carolina Place but maybe we can find somewhere between the Pineville/Rock Hill/Fort Mill area and Concord that's central for everyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nataluna

strange is not a crime

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009 06:40:49 AM »

also we might look into http://www.noda.org/

the smelly cat cafe is nice.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009 06:41:05 AM by nataluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

my swaps and crafts
julieboolie

turtle, turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009 07:40:38 AM »

I like noda Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

Wists | Pinterest | Ravelry
2ndsurf
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009 08:14:53 PM »

Hi I'm in the Lincoln Co. area but I would be willing to travel and meet up once a month or so. I'm also participating in a art antique market in Huntersville on 7/11 from 9-2 at the butter bean village market on old statesville rd. It's just getting started but they're hoping to make it a monthly event through the fall. If you sell or like handmade, stop by and give us a holler! I'd love to make friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Om_Mama
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009 06:56:10 AM »

I am on ravelry and just found out that there is a knit/crotchet circle at Amelies on either Tuesdays or Wednesday nights from like 6:30 until. Amelies (for those who aren't familiar) is a great, no AWESOME, little French bakery in the NoDa (North Davidson) area of Charlotte.  It is outside of Uptown and open 24/7.  There are actually quite a few knit/crotchet groups that meet around Charlotte from what I am learning.  PM me if you are interested in more times and meet-ups. 

There is the Rainy Day Creations that does a sit and knit in Pineville.  I am sure that after the summer, some of the libraries will pick up their knit groups again.  I know Main Library and Mint Hill both have knit groups. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julieboolie

turtle, turtle!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009 07:58:59 AM »

I am on ravelry and just found out that there is a knit/crotchet circle at Amelies on either Tuesdays or Wednesday nights from like 6:30 until. Amelies (for those who aren't familiar) is a great, no AWESOME, little French bakery in the NoDa (North Davidson) area of Charlotte.  It is outside of Uptown and open 24/7.  There are actually quite a few knit/crotchet groups that meet around Charlotte from what I am learning.  PM me if you are interested in more times and meet-ups. 

There is the Rainy Day Creations that does a sit and knit in Pineville.  I am sure that after the summer, some of the libraries will pick up their knit groups again.  I know Main Library and Mint Hill both have knit groups. 

I just joined the group on ravelry, seems like fun. And noda is easy to get to for me, just a bus ride. Or I can go with my friend's dad to work at 7 am. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

Wists | Pinterest | Ravelry
nataluna

strange is not a crime

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009 06:13:02 AM »

also here are other things:

http://www.meetup.com/Charlotte-Artist-Group/
http://www.meetup.com/Charlotte-International-Fleamarket-Group/

i haven't been but it looks interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my swaps and crafts
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Long Layered Hairstyles
How to Do Fancy Hairstyles
How to Do Red Carpet Hairstyles
How to Do Urban Hairstyles
How to Do Teased Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...