A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crafting groups in Charlotte / Concord?  (Read 7420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Om_Mama
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009 06:44:55 PM »

Okay, so this isn't in Charlotte or Concord, but I fell in LOVE with a yarn shop today.  I am pretty faithful to Charlotte Yarn and go there for every question and shred of yarn that has been knit in the last 2 months.  BUT, I went to the Fuzzy Mabel today and am FLOORED!!! She had AWESOME prices and a HUGE selection.  If you are hankering for a road trip, or just adore really great yarn- this is a great spot.  Just take 485 to Johnston Road S and take it to the sunset.  This will turn into 521 and will literally take you straight to Fuzzy Mabel.  It is just like following the Yellow Brick Road (or perhaps the Yellow Alpaca Trail).  She has an entire clearance corner.  She mentioned that she is online too.  Good luck.  FYI- she is closed on Sunday and Monday. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009 07:55:43 PM »

Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check that out! 

How far down 521 S is it?  I live down that way, and I haven't seen it- so I'm guessing I pass it at some point I've never noticed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2009 09:01:06 PM »

I live down that direction too and I had no idea there was another yarn shop out that way.  I usually go to Rainy Day in Pineville or our usual generic craft stores.  I'll have to go check that out on Tuesday!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RockDragon
Slayer of Dragons with Rocking Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2009 06:33:47 PM »

Never mind, Google served me well Cheesy  I'll have to go down there someday Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009 07:43:27 PM »

I went down to visit Fuzzy Mabel and it is quite a wonderful store.  I almost missed it because it doesn't have a big sign to look for.  I got some fantastic yarn that I can't wait to start working with.  One of the huge skeins I got will be turning into my mom's Christmas present.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~!kenzallan!~*
is it weird that i wish he was here?

Rock Chalk baby!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009 08:53:02 PM »

i live in mooresville, so its a little bit of a drive but we have a local coffee shop (three goats-they have awesome gelato btw, and a frozen coffee thing with gelato IN it-craving one right now!) with a knit/crochet night. they dont call it a stitch n bitch, but its the same thing (idk if the store would let them advertise it with a "curse" word because a lot of moms bring their kids in the morning) and our caribou coffee, which IS a chain coffee shop, but the staff is sooooo nice and they all know us by name, is always looking for groups to start up to take up space in the evenings....if youre comfortable with it, start your own group! then you can pick your time and place--whatevers the easiest for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I hate that Ozzy got fat and stupid. Deal with it.
            -Abby (NCIS)
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2010 05:49:01 PM »

sorry if this is a little out there.  but is anybody in the Charlotte/RockHill area working with fulled/felted wool sweaters and wants some supplies?
my mum has moved out of the country and left me her house full of things to sort out.  a friend's brother is helping me sell her stuff.  but this is something i know people are using but not really the sort of thing that people would know how to sell.  so i wondered if anybody wanted to come get them.  PM me if you work with that material, and we could arrange something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Sides
Cheap Leftover Turkey and Stuffing Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Fondue
How to Make the Perfect Turkey
How to Make a Lighter Cranberry Relish for Thanksgiving
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...