A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: hhhh a drawing with conte  (Read 766 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

be_my_heroin
« on: August 05, 2006 02:31:45 PM »

this is..something ive been working on for the past few days, and a few things still don't look right?  i'm not sure, but thanks for taking a peek  Wink  (critique welcome)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2006 04:19:48 PM by be_my_heroin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aisforparrot

as above, so below

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006 05:58:01 AM »

i love it!

the faces look incredibly real

take care
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RenewableEnergyWoman
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006 09:11:56 AM »

I like it- it's quite realistic, but I think what's standing out to me (and maybe you?) about it is that the proportions, esp. on the face on the right, aren't quite right--- for example, the eyes are supposed to be in the middle of the head, etc.  I find what helps is to look at the drawing in a mirror alongside of your face, and compare the proportions, placements, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elmerzglue
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006 06:10:58 PM »

first off I must say that I love it, i love the expressions and everything. the only thing I can really say that I see is off is the proportion of the hand to the face, the palm would take up most of her cheek and just be larger because a hand is as large as a face. That, and the size of the ear. But again, I must say that this piece is fantastic and looks amazing for a work done with conte. Conte is one medium I find really hard to work with, mainly because its so messy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Walking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone
- T.S. Elliot
be_my_heroin
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006 07:20:20 PM »

i totally see what you mean about the proportions, and i can't tell y ou how much i appreciate all y'all's feedback!  i'm going to work on it this weekend and see if i can fix what's been pointed out.  thanks again guyssss!!!!    Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elphelba
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006 09:11:27 AM »

First off let me say  great job. The hair turned out really really well. The only thing I think I would change would be the shadow around the hand and the cheek. It seems a little linear to me. Maybe if you just blended it out a bit more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
helpmetonailyoudown
dicker junge kleiner

zombie powder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006 09:32:37 PM »

i agree with the proportions i think it will make this perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sheila
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006 08:12:08 PM »

I think the proportions look a little off. The one on the left isn't too bad, but on the right, her eyes are up too high. If the forehead was extended a little more, it would be more on cue. For the hand I think you outlined a little too much, and for the faces you could probably shade in a little dark in places. You dont have to, I'm just seeing too much of one shade. The highlights look really good.

Overall, I think you did a good job on the hair, that's something I always have trouble with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Potatoes Au Gratin
How To Make Turkey Stuffing
How to Make Pepper Crusted New York Steak
How to Cook White Beans
How to Make Cheese Souffle
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...