A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bragging - Wee wonderfuls stitchette  (Read 2651 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubbledragon
« on: August 14, 2006 08:48:41 AM »

This is what I've been working on lately.  It's from the Stitchettes pattern on the http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com site.  I'm planning a quilt with all 4 of these girls.  Would  like to do a 3x4 quilt, so I'm thinking of finding either animals or flowers for the other squares.  Or maybe just leaving it blank.  We'll see.

Here she is.  Done 99% in chain stitch, because I like the way it looks, and because the back is tidier than my back and split stitches.  Hemline is french knots, and the lines on her dress and skateboard are some kind of perverted stemstitch that I took up.  (Actually, no, I lied.  The lines on the skateboard are double running stitch.  I wanted to try it.  Nice effect, eh?)  Colors are a touch off in this scan, but they're a muted palette.  Love 'em.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bubbledragon/212936283/

(I'm trying to embed from flickr.  Let's see if it'll let me.)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006 08:52:30 AM by bubbledragon » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006 05:23:23 AM »

Your stitches look great!  I do about 75% of my embroidery projects in chain stitch just because I like the way it looks, it remindes me of these old tea towels that I have.  I love the little girl, please post pics of the quilt when finished!  I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006 09:54:07 AM »

these patterns are sold out. Sad  I thought your girl was so cute and now I can't make her...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tejer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006 02:15:32 PM »

That is some great looking chain stitch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GhostAcademy
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006 07:56:38 PM »

that's really cute!  i love the way the chain stitch looks as an outline.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I read your manifestos and strange religious tracts.  You took me to your library and kissed me in the stacks.

http://www.ghostacademy.blogspot.com  http://www.onfirewithfireflies.blogspot.com
cmcmc7
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006 07:32:15 AM »

Wow!  I bought those patterns and my stitching is.....BAD!  May I ask what size needle you used and how many strands of floss?  Yours are so perfect!  I was going to put 4 together for a pillow too but can't find anything for the other squares.  Although, if my stitching doesn't improve, I won't need to worry about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubbledragon
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006 09:34:18 AM »

To be honest, I don't know what size needle I used.  I used plain old muslin, and the "middle" sized needle from a pack like [url text="this."]http://cgi.ebay.com/Embroidery-Needles-Pack-Of-12-Size-1-5-DMC-Bargain_W0QQitemZ300019960706QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41235QQcmdZViewItem[/url]  And I used two strands of floss for most everything, with 3 for her hair, because I wanted it a bit bigger.  Good luck with your stitching.  I found that going down to actual embroidery needles made the difference, as I'd been previously using gigantic tapestry needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenne_girle
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006 02:55:07 PM »

Wow, I'll echo everyone else and say your stitching looks perfect! I still can't figure chain stitch out. Great color choices too. I can't wait to see the other three!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006 11:48:53 AM »

Chain stitch is the best isn't it?  I love your little stitchette. I can't wait to see the quilt you make. 

I knew she would sell out of these very quickly.  When she comes out with more stitchettes, I plan to make a quilt, but for now I made my girls with bright colors.

What fabric did you use?  Muslin?  I used canvas for my first set. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubbledragon
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006 10:04:30 AM »

Mine's just muslin, since it's intended for a quilt.  In the future, I may make some "dolls" like Hilary did, and use canvas for that.

I finished my second girl, though, and thought I'd post that.  It's been up on flickr for a while.  I've gotten distracted by school and home-stuff since then, though, so it may be another month before I get to the other two.  (We bought a house!  Moving in a month!  yay!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
30 Seconds to Frizz Free Hair
Learn to Create the Katniss Braid
Retro-Glam Hairstyle Tutorial
Easy Braided Updo Tutorial
How to Skip That Awkward Growing-Out Phase With Your Pixie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...