A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: rasterbation is not a sin...+semi-tute (pic hvy)  (Read 8793 times)
Tags for this thread: rasterbation , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amylooooo

So I says to the guy, I says...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 12, 2006 10:40:34 PM »

I had a lot of space on my wall and needed something fairly large to fill the void. as you can see I still have much space. My brother made me a house warming gift of a lamp made with velum paper and acetate of a painting by Souther Salazar.  If you have not seen his work you should check it out.  Google him. 
My brother needs to take pictures of this lamp and post it because it is way cool.  He also has made his own rasterbation and it turned out really neat.  I wanted to try it.  I digress.  So I found a picture by Souther that liked and he gave me the fed-ex/kinkos hook up and printed out all the pages.
I must add that I rent, and nailing 20 holes in the wall was not a good idea,plus if you nail through the picture, some of the picture is ruined, nor is taping it to the wall the classiest way... so I came up with my own solution... here it is!

Updated: here are mo better pictures

semi-tute:  (more about how to mount/hang your completed project without ruining your wall, less about how to rasterbate)

1.  choose a picture that you desire.

2.  go to the homakasu rasterbation website, it's easy to find, then rasterbate...print out the sheets of paper. (at home or school or Fed/ex!)

3.  get rubber cement, scissors, and black ( or any color you want) foam board.

4.  there will be borders around each square, cut it out if you wish, cut foam board the same size as each picture.

5. rubber cement your pictures to the foam boards.

6. get some skinny pieces of wood from menards, very skinny and flat, and paint them the same color as your wall so that you see more picture and less of what it's mounted to.

7.  cut the wood a little less than the width of the whole picture, my wood was so thin that i could break it with my hands. and I am so strong haha. 

8. space the boards evenly for the desired height of the picture,get a hammer and nail them to the wall, only 2 nails per wooden slat, *helpful hint: you can space your pictures out on the floor which will give you an idea of the measurement of the height.

9.  use adhesive mounting tape to mount your pictures to each wooden slat til you are done.  make sure you do one row at a time so you can measure the space in between each picture.  You can space it any way that you desire. I did a rulers width between each pic.

10.  You dont have to do this but I did, lay on the ground and stretch out your back, I also like to do the childs pose.  Then say out loud "geez that wasnt so hard, why did I procrastinate this project for so long?"  Then take a nap.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006 03:48:46 PM by amylooooo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dhaunae
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006 04:48:48 AM »

Fabulous rasterbation, and I really love how it looks on that bright wall.  I hope you submitted it to the gallery at the Homakasu site, too; it's a beautiful example of how good these can look. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogperson
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006 04:17:00 PM »

wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

people person?  no, i'm more of a dog person.
Ana_Ng

There is more to life than increasing its speed.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006 05:09:17 PM »

That's very cool.  What a great idea!

I really like the color on your walls!! What is it called?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
box of purls
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006 05:27:05 PM »

I love that.  I'm going to do that. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006 09:45:18 AM »

So I found a picture by Souther that liked and he gave me the fed-ex/kinkos hook up and printed out all the pages.

I love this! i've seen lots of rasterbation..but this is one of my favs.  that picture is soo wonderful. (** it would match my livingroom!!**) i googled "souther" but I didnt see anything like this?  can u help? thanks.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

arimethia
The likes of you

Look out, Portland. I'm so indie.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006 04:49:45 PM »

This is awesome. How did I not know that rasterbation existed! What is wroing with me?

I like the image you chose, it goes really well with that vibrant wall color. Did you paint it that color or did the space come like that? I think yellow walls would sell me on a place by itself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pixiedancer
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006 08:09:42 PM »

I love it, when I get my apartment I will definately come back to this semitute.
Great picture choice, btw!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Minagi
of medicine, of art

I have a cunning plan.

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006 06:59:37 PM »

Great rasterbation!
By the way, the webpage is www.homokaasu.org - "homokaasu" (meaning "gay/homosexual gas" in Finnish (yeah, WTF)) not "homakasu" Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarmentose: My nest | http://minagi.hybridi.net/minagi/
Morgana Designs | http://morgana.hybridi.net/
amylooooo

So I says to the guy, I says...

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006 01:23:36 PM »

Thanks for all the compliments, comments and stuff.  I suck at explaining computery things and would love to be helpful on how to rasterize but I got help from someone who already knew how to rasterize.  My only suggestion is to play around and experiment a few times first, make a picture for someone else and then once you've got it down you can make your own the way you want it. 

The color on my walls I think is  called buttercup.

Thanks for the explanation of homokaasu, that is weird. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Conrad Doucette on What a Copywriter Enjoys About His Work
Denise Kiernan on The Girls of Atomic City
Chip Ingram’s Spiritual Simplicity
A Different Side of Judas Iscariot
The Tucci Cookbook: Cooking at Home With Stanley Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...