A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,488
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I am a Panda.  (Read 1182 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissHilary
anata ga suki desu!

Say whatever you want to free speach!

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006 09:29:53 PM »

Hi everyone!
I am thinking of making a new rave costume.
This time I want to make a furry panda costume beause pandas are adorable and how can you not hug someone dressed as a panda?
I was thinking of doing big furry lefwarmers and long furry gloves with paws, but how would I be able to make the costume distinguishable as destinctly Panda?
Any suggestions?
Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006 09:35:43 PM »

id say you could make a shirt or jacket with black long sleeves and the rest of it white, with straight black pants and a black puffy tail on the back with black shoes and black gloves and make some black bear ears and put them on a hair thing have your hair pulled back, paint your face white with a black nose and black eyes. idk thats the best i got good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the wallaby
Era of the Sea

stirring controversy with a wooden spoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006 09:37:35 PM »

I think the way to make it distinctly panda would be to have a panda hat. A couple people around here have crocheted panda hats, and it wouldnt be difficult to make. white hat, black ears and black circles for around the eyes. The arm and leg warmers would just add to the pandasity.
(no, that is a word!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I like personal swaps <3

...Oh fine!
http://www.wists.com/wallaby
stacysews
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006 07:15:21 AM »

Why not make a panda hoodie?  Have the body of the hoodie black, the hood white and add some black ears (kind of like the dino hoodie)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

paroper
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006 03:52:46 PM »

It is probably not what you are looking for to go with this but I made a cool panda mask a few years ago.  I used a clorox bottle as the base, shaved off the bottom and a side and used the spout for the snout.  I cut holes out of the bottle in the right spot and added a sheer black to the holes for the eyes, covered it in white fur and added black ears...Worked out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crescentfresh
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006 12:18:53 AM »

i know a panda raver so this makes me smile, hoodie would be cool, but itd be rather hot-

have fun with it senorita
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polkaroo
Running with scissors since 1978

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006 02:20:21 PM »

A hoodie would indeed be hot.  I remember plenty of parties where it would get so sticky hot that the walls and ceiling would be covered in condensation.  Picture an indoor rain forest. Tongue

That panda outfit in the pic sure is adorable, though.  Maybe the same idea, only done with no sleeves or short sleeves instead, and just as a top?  It wouldn't feel so overwhelmingly hot, and you can always take it off if it's still too much.  Just wear with black pants and a white top.

OOOOoorrr... just make the hood part, then dress in a black shrug/half-length hoodie, white tank/tee, and black pants to get the same colour effect.

OOOooor... simplest of all, go cosplay style and just wear a headband with panda ears attached to it and the same white/black clothing combination. Smiley

(on a side note... raves still exist?  gosh, do I ever miss those days... *gazes wistfully at her old phat pants*)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crescentfresh
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006 02:43:05 PM »

the l.a. scene is huge in a weird way. youre sure to find an underground party every weekend if youre lookin. where else would kids of this generation's teen drug culture go?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Oscar Nominees Get Their Skin Red Carpet Ready
Molly Sims Gives Her Beauty Product Picks
Raychel Wade Gives Shows Fixes for Teen Beauty Blunders
The Best and Boldest Beauty of Awards Season
Oscar Movie Makeup Tutorials Grow More Popular
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...