A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Antique machine--Pfaff 130 advice and/or info? (HAS IMAGES)  (Read 4098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006 03:25:34 PM »

The footpedal says 115 volts but most modern houses are 120 volts so I am not sure if just changing out my plugs are going to make it any safer--I will check with my electrician--

Interesting question, definitely the time to consult an expert..

in the meantime, I just have it set up as a weird home decoration, ha ha

Haha, too. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006 01:36:14 PM »

Not sure if you're still looking for help, but I'll offer what I can.

First, get thee to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/oldpfaffpforum/ and join.  I joined when I first got my old Pfaff, and they're of great help. 

Mine is a 260, I think, so it's not quite as old as yours, but it's up there in years.  I paid $75 for mine, and it has some definate tension issues, so yours is a steal!  Despite the tension problems (which I'm sure are fixable, I just haven't take it in, yet), I am in love w/ this machine.  You're right:  it sews SO much more quietly than any new machine.

Mine came with a ton of feet, too, and they're all described in the manual.  I can't imagine that the function or over all appearance of feet change that much over 10-20 years; if you'd like, I can copy that part of the manual for you.  (I also have an extra case for orgnaizing them better, if you'd like.  When we bought a tackle box, to use as a tool box, it came with two organizer cases.    It looks exactly like this:

I used one for my feet, but have an extra, so if you can use it, I'd be happy to send it along, for shipping.)

I'm SO jealous of your find!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
paroper
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006 03:32:53 AM »

You might look here for machine feet.  It is a good clear site that can give you some names for your feet although it is not Pfaff.  The older machines came with so many little "pieces" so sometimes it is hard to identify all the parts.

http://www.berninausa.com/search_presser_feet.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025023&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395181831&bmUID=1159352942832

That ruffler is worth its weight in gold.  They are wonderful.  They do not gather as we think of ruffles, they makes tiny little perfect pleats.  The width of the pleat is adjusted by an adjustment on your attachment and the stitch length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ravenztarot
YOU WANT WHAT? WHEN? YOUR JOKING!

I <3 my rotary cutters.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006 07:58:07 PM »

i just got one now i have to get a power cord and manual....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The best stories start with "ok officer I am going to tell you what happened"

Personal Swaps. LOVE fabrics & Vintage sewing  patterns and sewing books, tea, sewing notions, books, music, tarot anything, dragons, vampires and weres.

wist list: http://www.wists.com/ravenztarot
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Dusk/Dawn Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Copy Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Beach/Snow Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Backlight Scene
Canon SD770 IS Getting Started: Part 2 - Basic Picture
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...