A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Doomed loom beading botch  (Read 5354 times)
Tags for this thread: bead_loom , april_fools_2010_featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MargaretMayI
« on: August 12, 2006 05:25:46 PM »

Hi! After working many hours to bead spirit bracelets for my daughter and her fellow 15 (yes, 15! Why so many, I'll never know) cheerleaders to wear at camp. Didn't catch my mistake until the coach, who's also an English teacher, handed me this one back and asked if I put in a long night of crafting - HELL YES!  Shocked We had a good laugh at this one. I just had to show you guys this before I cut it up and saved the beads for another day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006 05:28:39 PM »

I can soooo relate!!!!!
I remember when I printed up a hundred business cards and passed them out to everyone and then a friend asked whose phone number that was.... (because it sure wasn't mine - no wonder the phone never rang)

I always ask people to proofread my stuff now......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
frubaloo

Go flexibility.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006 05:31:08 PM »

Haha, that's funny. I would've thought it was intended, actually. Tongue But that's me and my love for exaggerating words by repeating letters within. (ex: you are toooo cool.) It was just that one, right? (Originally I thought you did that on all of them and was like - wow, that would have been bad, lol.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy
Personal Site | Email | AIM: Frubaloo
MargaretMayI
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006 05:32:57 PM »

Too funny! I had some business cards printed, too, then I got a new cell phone. My friends started to report back to me that the lady the phone company gave my old phone number to was NOT amused and started cussing people out when they'd call. Poor lady! But she sounded so mean that I was chicken to call and apologize. Thanks for realting - I needed that!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MargaretMayI
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006 05:34:41 PM »

Haha, that's funny. I would've thought it was intended, actually. Tongue But that's me and my love for exaggerating words by repeating letters within. (ex: you are toooo cool.) It was just that one, right? (Originally I thought you did that on all of them and was like - wow, that would have been bad, lol.)

OMG - that WOULD have been awful to do them all like that. I would've tried to pull it off like I meant it, but I doubt it would've flown Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006 08:05:44 PM »

Too funny! I had some business cards printed, too, then I got a new cell phone. My friends started to report back to me that the lady the phone company gave my old phone number to was NOT amused and started cussing people out when they'd call. Poor lady! But she sounded so mean that I was chicken to call and apologize. Thanks for realting - I needed that!  Wink
Oh my gosh!!! I never thought that that might be someone else's number and them getting all those phone calls.
Okay poor person - if you are a member of Craftster and reading this - I totally apologize if you got driven crazy by a bunch of phone calls  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010 02:46:34 PM »

still better than passing out resumes that say you have a "Bachelor o farts" degree...   Cheesy Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012 03:27:00 PM »

still better than passing out resumes that say you have a "Bachelor o farts" degree...   Cheesy Grin

I still swear that the only reason my husband got his current job was because his CV hillarious stated he was "very good with pubic relations"... well, I don't mind telling you that he is.Wink... but I doubt he needs to use that particular skill at his workplace. There's not much call for male giggolos in the rail rolling stock engineering sector, and I'd be pretty unhappy to find out he'd been working on his pubic relations at work lol!!!!! Obviously he meant "public" and because both "public" and "pubic" are real words, MSword didn't correct it. and because we're both dyslexic, neither of us spotted it.

we didn't notice the mistake until nearly a year later when he was updating it after completing some courses at work!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012 01:02:10 AM »

I'm a serious insomniac, and when I can't sleep I surf my various message boards and facebook and stuff, so when I go back and see what I wrote when I am more alert I often have to laugh at myself for various typos and trailing thoughts. This botch reminds me of that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.e tsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
You Can Do What with Double-Sided Tape?
Celebrity Stylist Phillip Bloch Talks About Super Bowl Fashion
4 Cool Ways to Incorporate a Beanie Into Your Outfit
Altuzarra Spring 2014 New York Fashion Week - Interviews & Runway
3 Cool Ways to Wear 1 Plaid Top
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...