A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My First Attempt..*and post*  (Read 1663 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CelebritySkin
« on: August 12, 2006 02:20:33 PM »

At a Diaper Cake!  Thanks to the "other style diaper cake" tutorial!  It was a big hit!  

Melanie loves monkeys so I put this toy one on the top.  She's also have boy/girl twins so I used pink, blue, and white tulle for the ribbons.  Input is appreciated b/c I am making another one next month.  Also, I had to do some last minute alterations on the top layer b/c it was close to the same size as the bottom.  I think with the next one I am going to make them obviously different sizes.  Whaddya think?  Smiley  *Ignore my dirty car...I forgot to take a pic on the way out so I rushed!*

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/KittySalad/IMG_7140.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/KittySalad/IMG_7139.jpg

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011 11:33:42 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006 07:01:34 AM »

That diaper cake rocks! Specially for your first go at it. Cheesy Woohooo. The only thing I saw was a slight lean but that could have been caused by the car. Cheesy Did you make sure to tuck plenty of goodies in the cake? Cheesy Congrats on the success Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
CelebritySkin
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006 11:40:05 AM »

Thank You!!!   Grin  Yes, the lean was from the car.  lol.  I have another shower next month and I'm getting a jump start on the cake for that one.  I didn't think to stuff goodies in it!  Any suggestions? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006 03:16:25 PM »

OOO OOO OOO I have lotsa suggestions... but I will give just a few Cheesy Nipples (For bottles.. if you don't know if they are going to breast feed or not skip the nipples as you have to have a diff shaped kind for breast feeding) Definitely the lil' bottles (6 oz I think) Those are life savers! Onesies are awesome and if it is someone near and dear to you decorate them especially for the baby. Smiley Lil booties, not a neccessity but so adorable and tuckable. Mitts to go over the new baby's hands (keeps baby from scratching themselves><--those are easy to make and tuckable as well. Lil brush and comb, nipple cream (lansinoh is so worth the money... this is useful even if mom doesn't breast feed b/c nipples are sore), cocoa butter cream (always a loved gift) The BIG thing to remember is to buy lotsa small packages (even trial sized) and load it up with tons of them.. This makes it cheaper for you to cover a broad range of things that mom will need and do it cost effectively Smiley Good Luck
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
CelebritySkin
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006 03:50:10 PM »

Great ideas!!! I will for sure use them in the next cake!  Now....looking for the mitten tutorial.....lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006 04:06:31 PM »

No need for a tutorial they are really easy........... Lemme draw one up for you.... it's in paint so pardon the crudeness lol Smiley Now cut 2 of these and stitch them together right sides together. to get the shirring effect where you see the lil waves stitch in some elastic making sure not to make it too tight:) Then make another one! You can use a variety of fabrics and even decorate the outside with a lil ribbon over where you put the elastic in. You don't need a casing for this elastic. Just every 2 to 3 spaces stitch it in. This will ensure it isn't too tight on baby's hands. Smiley I used these all the time for my wee ones... but they had hands a lil on the big side Smiley but all the mittens you buy are typically one size fits all......... Sorry if my explanation is a bit confusing... pm me if you have any questions. Smiley I'll be glad to help you any way I can ... OOO OOO I forgot to add blankies to the stuffing list.... and baby hats (also easy to assemble) Cheesy Good luck and all Cheesy PS you will cut an oval with a bit of a triangular flair at the bottom... Think of the balloon cutouts you see made from the die cut machines Cheesy Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CelebritySkin
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006 04:22:06 PM »

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!  How nice of you to do that!  I'll be sure to make some and post some pics!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006 04:28:39 PM »

Welca doodles! Lemme know if you have any other ?s I might be able to help Smiley I will try anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Introducing Adobe Photoshop CS2
Adobe Production Studio - Working with the Scrub Tool
Adobe Production Studio - Adjusting Panels and Saving a Custom Workspace
Adobe Production Studio - Looking at the Mixer Panel in the Multitrack View
Adobe Production Studio - Editing in the Spectral Frequency Display View
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...