A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Ideas for a Celtic/Celtic-esque Wedding?  (Read 1026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dj_jammer506
x~Gay As A Rainbow is Bright~x

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006 02:12:58 PM »

The title explains it all, My Brother and his newly proposed fiance plan to wed in 2008. The wedding theme is Celtic-esque at best with the color scheme of Lavender and Cream Green.

We have several Ideas but... we need some more help.  Any Ideas would be greatly appricated.

Thanks.

- Dj
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking for someone to do any Personal Swap with... PM Me if interested! Don't Be afraid!
CelebritySkin
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006 12:01:43 PM »

They should incorporate the celtic knot in creative ways.  Maybe, have it be their main theme like, using it on the invites, and on the cake.  And the bride could wear a celtic knot necklace or something.  Gimme time, i'm sure I can think of more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishhead
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006 12:14:52 PM »

are they useing those cladah (sp?Huh the hands holding a heart ring design) designs as wedding rings? its and easy motife, and you can get cakse toppers.

Also, you can put embroidery on her dress in knotwork designs. oh, and that spiffy tree design you see everywhere. i dunno the name.

and there are calligraphy fonts what would go well with a theme like that, especialy when they have the realy fancy capital letters. That could go on the guestbook, invites, and so on.

you can also get celticy looking candal holders.

not very creative, i know. mabey you could be more specific what your looking for?

just, please, ask them not to have a freind sing at the wedding, and throw gaeilic lyrics at them at the last minute, when they dont know anything about it. it makes singers cry. Oh! what abour harp or violin music in that vein?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marleah
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006 01:06:28 PM »

There are lots of little details that can be added to a Celtic wedding. Having a Celtic knot on invitations as a watermark or other element would be nice, without being overbearing. Somewhere on the boards was a beaded tree of life pendant - do a search and you should be able to find it. That would be neat for the bride's jewelry, or even for decorating candles as centerpieces. Just because I'm into cross stitching right now, a neat idea for a gift would be a cross stitched Celtic-style border with their names and wedding date inside. Here is a Celtic style pattern generator that you type your phrase into, and then it produces it in a Celtic style cross stitch pattern.

Our wedding had some Celtic/Renaissance elements to it ... Here are a couple of pics that show that:

Ryan got his clothes at a Renaissance faire, and I got my dress at David's Bridal.

I hand-wrote our invitations and used "old-timey" words and style.

Our cake topper was purchased at the Renaissance faire as well.

Forgive all the pics, I like showing off our wedding!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 2
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 3
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 4
How to do a Graduated Bob with Shattered Layer - Part 1
How to do the Ace of Spades Cut - Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...