A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 303,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Die Cutter  (Read 2122 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 22, 2003 12:54:00 PM »

okay... so i have been looking for a die cut machine just for little cheesy shapes and what not... but does anyone know anything about these things??

i found this::

but is there something else out there that i should know about??
thank you for your help in advance.

just a quick update, i found one for less on ebay and just bought it... so when it arrives i'll play around with some stuff and post pictures of what i end up doing.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2004 06:26:25 AM by the craftster admin (leah) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2004 10:55:51 PM »

I'm curious about Sizzix too.  Have you had a lot of fun with making shapes?  I worked in a library for a few years in high school and the best part was to use the die cutter to design bulletin boards Smiley

What do you make with your diecuts?  I can't imagine wanting to use the same shape more than a couple times (unless letters maybe?) , but I guess for greeting cards or something like that it could come in really handy. Smiley
Aunt Beep

Aunt Beep loves you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004 09:56:42 AM »

I want my business stationary to be cute pink circles, I've found this at stationary stores (w/ matching envelopes- square) but I'm thinking I could go to the paper store, find the color I like, then have them die cut myself right?
My question is:
1) should I buy my own die cutter- would it look professional?
2) does anyone know of a company I can send my paper to and have them professionally cut?
3) does anyone know of a wholesale stationary/paper supply company, besides Kelly Paper?

An online boutique & gallery showcasing fresh, talented Los Angeles designers and artists.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004 05:15:04 PM »

i did receive the die cutter but i'm finding that the shapes are expensive and now that i just moved out of my parents house and have to pay rent i can't afford the shapes... but i did get a few and i stitched a star to the from of a purse... the purse came out crooked but the star i stitched look pretty good...

aunt beep::
the idea sound really cute and i'd love to see your cards when your done... and yes i think you should buy your own die cutter... i assume in the long run it would be cheaper... cause when having things made professionally you are paying for the labour and if you do things yourself then you just get the satisfaction of doing things yourself...
the only paper store i know of is kelly paper...

good luck to you!

I'm walkin' on sushi.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004 06:04:54 PM »

Aunt Beep, not sure if this would help you but most places that do scrapbooking (Michaels' or your local scrapbooking store) let you use their die cutters for free or a nominal price.  That way you *might* be able to get your cards printed on regular paper, then die cut them yourself?  Die cutters are kind of expensive if that's all you're going to use it for.

You might want to just talk to a print shop, depending on the quantities you need.  They'd also be able to do high quality printing - you could probably get out cheap with one color (black) laser printing on pink paper.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2004 02:51:42 PM »

i used my die cutter and here is something i made...

It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2004 08:33:00 PM »

we have a local scrapbook store that for a buck an hour on fridays allows you to come use all of their tools and gadgets. Smiley

visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Back to School Style Tips
Back-to-School Style Inspiration
How to Wear Vintage Designer Finds
Style Inspired by Olivia Palermo
Style Inspired by Gwyneth Platrow
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...