A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 08/11/06 - Please Don't Use Craftster to Advertise Things You Sell  (Read 29537 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tivaclare
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2006 12:12:21 PM »

Thanks for doing such a great job on this.

I get so frustrated, esp in the clothing/stencil forums where someone will say "see what I made" then give an ebay link. I've also seen people get pissy because they post here to get people on their ebay and wonder why craftsters just start making things for themselves instead. (duh, it's kind of what the people here do...)

I love it when a person's first post is an ebay ad. Especially when what they're selling a rip off of something someone posted a tutorial for.

How does one become a moderator? I've left my job because I'm having a baby and wouldn't mind volunteering some time if you ever needed it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2006 12:25:24 PM »

Thanks for your support, tivaclare!  Those are exactly the type of posts we are referring to.  Smiley

To become a moderator, you'd PM Leah.  Smiley  Perhaps let her know any area(s) you have in mind (maybe a board that you frequent often or notice could use some "Help!") that you would be comfortable moderating or something about yourself such as, do you like long walks on the beach....to collect craft supplies?  - just kidding...  Cheesy

Here's a thread you might like to check out:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=61587.0

Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do more of what makes you happy.
kimski
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006 08:35:36 AM »

The rules aren't a problem, but not everyone read this topic and to find my topics removed and THEN be told about this rule made me a little angry.

The rule has been around for a while, if not from the beginning of craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimski
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006 08:43:12 AM »

I just wanna say thanks to Leah and all the mods for their fantastic work. Craftster is such a wonderful place.  Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006 08:48:38 AM »

I just wanna say thanks to Leah and all the mods for their fantastic work. Craftster is such a wonderful place.  Kiss Kiss Kiss

Woohoo!  Love to you... thanks much!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006 12:57:33 PM »

hey sweets4ver, I just noticed the penguins and the "see what happens when.." below, this is soo awesome  !!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006 01:01:04 PM »

hey sweets4ver, I just noticed the penguins and the "see what happens when.." below, this is soo awesome  !!!  Grin

Tee hee... Wink  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itesser

utor is totus pro bonus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006 01:27:50 PM »

It's possible that this rule needs to be more obviously enforced. I could be speaking out the side of my nose, but since I haven't noticed it in the past week or so I've been active, I'm going to say it anyways.

When there's an infraction and a post is edited, the mod should make note of the rule being inforced in that post.

Maybe a reminder of the rule should be in an obvious place.

I'm not surprised Craftster has this rule, and, frankly, I'm appreciative. But I didn't know it explicetly existed until today.

Also, if something is posted and someone says, "I want to buy one" (and the original poster is willing to comply) what is an approrpiate course of action? PM the person who asked? Rules-wise, should the original poster ignore it?

Thanks for being rock-awesome admin/mods.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Craftster Admin
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006 01:50:00 PM »

For other edits, I'll put <<<edited per "link to Craftster guideline here">>> at the bottom of the post I edit.  But for advertisements, if we put "edited for advertisement" then we will be removing their free advertising, but basically posting it for them.  Most people have their shops in their signatures, so if we put "edited for advertisement" then the original poster knows they can include it in their post, it will be edited out, but then the mod will put a nice little footnote basically telling people to check out their online sales in the signature.  Hehehe...

I guess Leah could put the reminder in the News again.  I think we had it there before.  It is in the Guidelines.

If a reader wants to purchase or would like to know if someone sells the piece, it should be done on a private level (PM).  If someone publically posts that they want to buy one, the original poster should take it to that private level & PM them rather than posting sales links on the board.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006 06:08:09 PM »

Also, when we edit/delete a post, we generally pm the original poster to let them know why.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to make Pizza
How to make Egg Rolls
How to make Loaded Potato Soup
Chicken Wellington on fixmyrecipe.com
How to make Cranberry Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...