A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: another swap courtesy...  (Read 8667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2005 10:14:36 AM »

I am irritated because I sent packages out and my secret craftster has yet to comment on my last two packages....I am not asking for a parade, just a confirmation that it was received.....
  That's the same thing that's happened to me...it sucks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ithnkuno
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005 06:46:01 AM »

I think modifications should be made to the swapping feedback. You shouldn't get positive feedback for just completing the swap, you should get feedback based on communication, wether you followed swap guidelines, went above the swap requirements (people who consistently do that should get the credit for it) etc..... I know of one frequent swapper I suspect is taking advantage of the swapping system by just sending out stuff, and not sending out appropriate thanks yous, and re-swapping items. Just sending a package should not constitute a positive rating. Who is in charge of the rating system? I like it, but I can see modifications being made to help out the rest of us hard working well mannered grateful ethical swappers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
StarSix
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2005 02:52:34 PM »

I think modifications should be made to the swapping feedback. You shouldn't get positive feedback for just completing the swap, you should get feedback based on communication, wether you followed swap guidelines, went above the swap requirements (people who consistently do that should get the credit for it) etc..... I know of one frequent swapper I suspect is taking advantage of the swapping system by just sending out stuff, and not sending out appropriate thanks yous, and re-swapping items. Just sending a package should not constitute a positive rating. Who is in charge of the rating system? I like it, but I can see modifications being made to help out the rest of us hard working well mannered grateful ethical swappers.

Maybe swap organizers just need to work on using the "organizer comments" more - so they can add "excellent, amazing swapper" or "technically completed, but - meh-"??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
leah
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

formerly "the craftster admin" - viva craftster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2005 04:57:06 AM »

What do you guys think if we do it this way:

Give the user POSITIVE as long as they fulfilled the swap and ALWAYS use the comment form to say a few things about this person's participcation.

This way, us moderators can look into problematic people and if they have multiple comments that are somewhat negetive, we can ask them not to swap anymore OR give them a last warning to follow the rules, etc, etc.

Here are some examples of some comments you might leave:

"Awesome swapper. Great communication. Thoughtful and well made swap item."

or

"Technically fulfilled swap but the item sent seemed to be lacking in effort, did not follow the theme and smelled like mold."

or

"Did not acknowledge receiving their swap item."

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to support Craftster? Find out about becoming a Friend of Craftster!

{ craftastic.com | leahkramer.com | helloadorable.com }
ithnkuno
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005 02:25:05 PM »

excellent idea! great way to track the slacker swappers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
SewPixie
FOC Bandit #12

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2005 12:25:38 PM »

I've just completed my first swap and had the same thing happen, the DCN said it got there but no mention. Not with all the people I sent to though.

Since I'm new to the swapping, how long do people usually wait to maybe give a little nudge to see if the partner received? I don't want to be a pest nor be rude, I just want to make sure they did receive it and they found it acceptable. I may just go by krazigal72's 2 week idea. At least hopefully they are keeping the organizer up to date.

I PM'd my partners the day I received, but then again I have no idea which people have the time that I do to be able to do that. Then again too, I have no idea if they maybe are out of town, or just are having a hectic week so I'd hate to make them feel bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:See profile for blog & Flickr info!:.
ilovepaper
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2005 01:00:53 PM »

I know how you feel Sewpixie. It's awful to not know if they got it and then  if they did get it, wonder why they haven't acknowledged. I realize there will always be circumstances where the recipient could not get to the computer right away to thank their swap partner but for the most part I feel it's just bad manners. It may be that I am an "older" Craftster but I ALWAYS acknowledge any swap package (or any mailed gifts) right away. It must come from when I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to play with a gift or spend a money gift until I wrote a thank you note. Great motivation!
It's just common courtesy, right?
Leah, I like your idea about always using the comment box. This way people will be able to look back and know who they are dealing with up front.

sheesh.... I sound like an old lady!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MtyAphrdti
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2005 09:24:48 PM »

Well add me to the old lady crowd, because I was raised much the same and am suffering unaknowledged package reciever and got skimped on 3 packages in a row.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dukeslax44
the sporty knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2005 10:39:00 AM »

I find it sooo weird that people dont want to post when their swap packages arrive.... I just completed my second swap and seriously I was sooo excited I was posting as I was trying my item on.... getting a crafted item just makes me wanna share it w/ other crafty people.... I mean, I show it to ppl around my house and their like... ummm thats nice i guess or some other lackluster comment... other craftsters love this stuff!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything happens for a reason??? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the reason
askaboutrpickles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

* i AM a very stylish girl *

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2005 02:25:26 AM »

thanks to everyone who posted their feelings about this. i have never participated in a swap but i would really like to, and reading this has given me an important perspecitve i think.

It is helpful to be remineded that people really get attached to the things they create. It seems like common sense since i know i get emotionally attached, lol, but sometimes we get caught up in our own stuff and can be insensitive.  And while reading these posts filled with hurt feelings, i began thinking that posting a reply and a thank you really is necessary reciprocation for what is, in actuality,a gift.

On my part, getting a hold of a digital camera is sometimes difficult, but after reading this i will know to worry less about waiting to post until i can take a pic, and make sure i articulate my gratitude. in a timely manner! Good stuff to know! thanks all. this has been good to hear Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://www.cannibalizejewelry.etsy.com
http://www.leannealaman.weebly.com

Boycott SHAMpoo, demand real poo!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing Sea Birds
Photographing Woodland Birds
Photographing Birds of Prey
Photographing Moorland Birds
Photographing Birds in Song
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...