A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 307,985
Currently Running With Scissors:
295 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: chain lace stitch  (Read 2646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NaeNae
« on: August 16, 2004 06:21:22 AM »

over the past few weeks i have managed to teach myself to crochet (hooray). now i have this gorgeous poncho pattern and really want to try it out. problem is, i just cant seem to understand chain lace stitch! in my step-by-step book, i wrote out the instructions, and eliminated the abbreviations and wrote them out properly because i thought i would be able to understand better. but do i now? do i hell!

would anybody be super nice enough to give me a step by step how to, or a link to a really super simple tutorial. baring in mind my book simple, with simple pictures that are step-by-step. i guess im just a dunce. any helpers? ta x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004 10:26:15 PM »

mebbe if you post the pattern or a link to it, we could help you solve the mystery?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004 09:00:08 AM »

try www.about.com they have step by step stuff there maybe you will find what you need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NaeNae
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004 01:00:18 PM »

the rest of the poncho is cool (as in the neck bit) and the stitch is just simple chain lace (which i cant seem to graspe) i was just trying to learn it from a step-by-step guide in my crochet how-to book. but i wasnt getting any of it, even though i wrote out the abbreviations in full. i checked out various sites but no luck yet.... one shall keep trying though  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NaeNae
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2004 03:27:31 PM »

oh, silly me, i have just realised that us english folk have different names for our crochet stitches. well this is the pattern.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/poshponcho.php

i picked it up from the other crochet forum after falling in love with man. result,one is clueless as to how i build the chain lace bit up!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2004 09:45:27 AM by girlypirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004 11:03:27 PM »

Greeting NaeNae,

Are you still having trouble, around row 8 and forward?

Anna Lou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When's the last time you were inspired?
NaeNae
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004 02:53:46 AM »

hey annalou, yes i am. things have come to a halt here, im very puzzled by it. i keep trying but it doesnt come out anything like it should!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004 02:24:14 PM »

I'll take a look at the pattern again--I think I can explain it--in British terms, if you like.

Anna Lou
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NaeNae
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004 02:43:30 PM »

thank you ever so much. i have tried converting it, but i think im messing up somewhere along the lines. thanks again  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annalou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2004 08:19:57 PM »

Greetings NaeNae,

Here's my British translation for the Posh Poncho at http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/patterns/poshponcho.php

Chain 90; join to make round. Chain 1 but do not turn. (You're working in the round!)
R 1: Dc in each chain around; slip stitch to top of ch 1 to join. Ch 1.
R 2: *dc in next 2 stitches; put 2 dcs in next stitch* Repeat between * and* around, slip stitch to join; ch 1. (You now have 120 stitches total)
R 3: *dc in next stitch, tr in next stitch* Repeat around. Slip stitch to join.
R 4: Ch 3 (this counts as your first tr), dc in next stitch. *tr in next stitch, dc in next stitch* around. Slip stitch to join. Ch 1.
R 5: Repeat round 3.
R 6: Repeat round 4.
R 7: dc in each stitch around
R 8: Ch 2 [yarn over hook, insert hook in next st and draw up loop, yarn over hook and draw through two loops on hook] 3 times. Now yarn over hook and pull through all hoops on the hook. Ch 5. *[yarn over hook, insert hook in next stitch and draw up loop, yarn over hook and draw through two loops on hook]4 times. Yarn over hook and draw through all loops still on hook. (You made a four stitch treble crochet cluster.) Ch 5.* Repeat between the * around. On the final set of chains, only chain 2 and then tr into the top of the first cluster -- this completes your last loop and puts you in the center of it for working the next round.
R 9: Dc in the loop, ch 6. *dc in center of next chain loop, ch 6* repeat around. On the final loop, only chain 3 and tr into the top of the first dc.
R 10 & 11: repeat as for round 9, only do ch 7 between dcs.
R 12 & 13: repeat as above only do ch 8 between dcs.
R 14 & 15: repeat as above, doing ch 9 between dcs. (You will notice as your chain loops get longer that you need to do the final loop differently. You might need to chain 4 and do a double treble crochet into the top of the last dc -- I didn't record what I did, I simply tried to make the last loop the same size as the others in this round. If you pay attention, you'll be fine.)
R 16 & 17: repeat as above with ch 10 between dcs.
R 18 & 19: repeat as above with ch 11 between dcs.
R 20: repeat as above with ch 12 between dcs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Squash and Onion Galette
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...