A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,502
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help, moving to columbus!!!!!!  (Read 7297 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MopTopStumptown
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006 07:15:53 AM »

oh god, i love your uncle's beer.  tell him that his cream ale is my favorite example in the states of that style... i guess you can also tell him that the pelican pub is stiff competition for the title, though.  Cheesy 

more later, i need to pretend to work now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrpickles
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006 07:39:14 PM »

I'm glad the advice has been helpful.  Regarding banks, I would highly recommend Chase- they took over C-bus's Bank One- and seem to be just about everywhere. 

Best of luck with your move!  You'll find that Columbus is a very friendly town.  If you're here in September, you may want to also check out Craftin' Outlaws at Skully's Music Diner on Sept 23- lots of crafters & good times. 

Cheers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mpicky
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006 06:53:24 PM »

Here are some sites to look for an apartment.  I live in the Worthington (NW) area.  There are so many places you could live. 

http://columbus.apartments.com/

http://www.apartmentcities.com/ohio/d/cherryblossom_way_northeast_OH.asp
This place is very near Easton
http://www.peoplewithpets.com/states/apartmentdetail.asp?apartment=1049
As is this

Good luck, PM me if I can help in any way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.melsclay.etsy.com

http://www.wists.com/mpicky

I am up for one on one swapping!
shorty822003

me want cooookie!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006 11:34:51 AM »

thanks for the links mpicky.  I will definitely check out the apartments.com link.  the cherry blossom places look great, but do not allow pets.  we have my cat,and he is my kid.  thanks so much though. 

there is so much to choose from for living.  Im ready to go now, but too bad we are not leaving until the end of october.

I was wondering if there is like a columbus trademark?  for example seattle has the famous pictures of their skyline with the space needle.  i just wonder if there is something like that in columbus.  i want to put two pictures next to each other in our living room when we move. you know like one of seattle and one of columbus, like our two worlds.

how do you pm someone?  i have more of a lurker than a communicator on here until now. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mpicky
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006 08:17:02 PM »

To send someone a private message, click on their user name and it takes yo uto their profile.  Then there is a button to send them a message.  The OSU football stadium (the horseshoe) is a landmark in Columbus, there is also the Laveck Tower, different times of the year, they change the colors of the lights. http://www.elmsblog.com/wp-photo.php?id=51

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.melsclay.etsy.com

http://www.wists.com/mpicky

I am up for one on one swapping!
f1ghter
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006 08:27:14 PM »

shorty, you wanted to know about the city's landmarks?  look no further than the OSU's infamous horseshoe stadium, mirror lake, and oodles of other things found on campus.
i don't know about everyone else, but that's what i think of! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2006 02:06:28 PM »

The OSU Horseshoe is the first Columbus landmark that leaps to mind.  I think we have a great skyline, but nothing really distinctive like the Seattle space needle.

The old railway arch downtown is neat, but unless you do a walking tour of arena district, you won't really see it.  Maybe Nationwide Area could be another landmark?  I've also seen a lot of pictures with the Santa Maria and the COSI building.

This site has a lot of nice downtown shots  Smiley
http://www.columbusohio.org/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shorty822003

me want cooookie!!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006 08:21:47 AM »

hi there again!! it has been awhile.  WELL we are finally here.  we have been here for about 2 weeks.  We found a great location that is only 5 minutes from easton and about 15 minutes from downtown.  i am close to all the shopping i need, school, and work.  so far i really like columbus, but it is a little colder at times.  i am looking forward to snow whenever it decides to come.  thanks for all your advice and input. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jp197012
JP

me on my wedding day

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2006 09:21:42 AM »

welcome welcome!  snow usually rolls in around january and stays until march-early april.  damp, chilly, and dreary however start in october  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

f1ghter
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2006 06:27:09 AM »

hi there again!! it has been awhile.  WELL we are finally here.  we have been here for about 2 weeks.  We found a great location that is only 5 minutes from easton and about 15 minutes from downtown.  i am close to all the shopping i need, school, and work.  so far i really like columbus, but it is a little colder at times.  i am looking forward to snow whenever it decides to come.  thanks for all your advice and input. Smiley

ahh!  don't push the snow!  i hate snow! lol...  Grin welcome to Ohio!  i hope you have a great time tonight, because i know i will--rooting on the buckeyes in the battle of the YEAR! woo hoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Denise Kiernan on The Girls of Atomic City
Chip Ingram’s Spiritual Simplicity
A Different Side of Judas Iscariot
The Tucci Cookbook: Cooking at Home With Stanley Trailer
Power Concedes Nothing Book Overview
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...