A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Patterns!  (Read 1914 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 10, 2006 09:30:40 AM »

I just checked the Sublime Stitching website and there are NEW PATTERNS!  Yay!   Cheesy

You're going to love them!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubbledragon
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006 10:05:35 AM »

I just saw those this morning, and they're FAN-freaking-TASTIC.  I now NEED to order the ChiChis and the Scooters for a christmas project for my best friend.  She'll love it.

And the Olde school lettering?!  Genius.  There's something also hilarious about the multicolored sample that accompanies them.

So excited.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Early Bird Special

Formerly "sewwabisabi"

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006 10:28:42 AM »

Me too!  I'm totally in love with the unicorn set! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006 02:16:32 PM »

I love the ChiChi one.  I really want a Chihuahua, only -- I don't want a Chihuahua.  Now I can have an embroidered one!

Is it just me, or is there something seriously creepy about the elf on the WinterWonderland set?  He looks very sneaky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
winternights
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006 06:12:03 PM »

The new patterns look really good - I see a few I am going to purchase for sure.  I am really getting hooked!!!
Where does everyone keep their transfers?  I hope that the ink won't rub off when not using them.
Connie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubbledragon
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006 08:45:29 PM »

I keep mine in the top drawer of my nightstand, because my craft room is too hot without air conditioning.  I also make a copy for 1.) back up and 2.) blow ups/shrinkage on various images.  But to be honest, since I haven't found a good transfer pen option, I'm just as soon to buy a new pack of patterns when I need 'em.  Also, I like to cut 'em up and stack them in their pack all facing the same way - that way if they do bleed onto each other, it's at least onto the back of a page, so I don't have to worry about double images.  They don't really "rub off" per say, but actually kind of transfer to the other side.  Can be avoided easily enough, though.

I'm so excited about the Chihuahas.  I don't even like those silly dogs, but my friend has a goofy one, and I think she'd like 'em.  But what to put them on?  A puppy blanket?  Some napkins?  Endless possibilities.  Hah!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
winternights
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006 11:05:14 AM »

Thanks for the hints about storing the transfers.  I didn't like chihuahas either until a women brought one into work (I work at a senior day care center).  It is a long-haired chihuaha and very cute and well behaved!  It is her personal dog and trained to be a therapy dog. Hey, a puppy blanket would be cute!  I'm working on my tea towels and the stitching is coming good - hope I like the final design! 
Connie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AllieStar
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006 04:56:14 AM »

I love the new Chiahuahua patterns!! I think Jenny read my mind Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
lynbird22

Itchin' stitchin' fingers.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006 06:45:28 PM »

Miss Vagina Star brought these to my attention this weekend! I love the olde school lettering! I might just have to have them. . .

Oh, and the elf? Definitely a wee bit creepy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lynbird: making mothers nervous, since 1983.
wandalicious
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006 12:10:37 AM »

Woohoo! More new patterns! Something to tide us over til the book comes out in October!
BTW, I keep my patterns in a 3-ring binder with plastic page protectors. Each "envelope" of patterns just slides into its own sleeve, then when they are cut apart, you can see what's in there really easily, and they don't seem to have any troubles bleeding or anything. On the cover of the notebook, I've cut out some pics of Jenny's work and slid them under there (it's one of those notebooks where you can put a page under the cover) for inspiration.

I have every pattern and duplicates of my favorites just in case... what? A national shortage of Sublime Stitching patterns? I am becoming a weird-o completist collector - there are patterns I've never used (Gothic Grandeur) but I have to have them anyway - just in case!

And yes, the elf is sneaky, but in a good way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Makeup Products to Wear Every Day
How to Make Your Legs Look Hot
How to Relieve Sweat in Embarrassing Places
How to Fix Broken Makeup
How to Turn Broken Blush Into Cream Blush
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...