A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,707
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Crocheting?  (Read 1143 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006 06:01:57 AM »

What about a shrug for the girls?

Prolly inappropriate for dad, but willy warmers for the other men in your life? Gag gift!

Dad, how about hot pads in his colors if he cooks?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2006 09:51:41 AM »

What about something like a crocheted football with the team name on it so he can throw it at the T.V. when something bad happens? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2006 06:53:07 PM »

For the men - what about beer cosies.  Also, there is a pattern floating around the net for beer can hats.  For the risque - there are willie warmers, and I did stuffed boob pillows for my male friends one year.  What about crocheting an individualized stocking and filling it with some of their favourite goodies and small toys, or a sub to a magazine like Maxim, or TV guide - whatever?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
buzybunny
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006 05:27:05 PM »

Hi Ezri_B

Try this site, it might inspire you to creat something different.  Just click on the different sections of the fridge and see the scarfs that this woman makes.

http://www.twinkiechan.com/TwikieChan%20-%20Home-News.htm

Cathy
buzybunny
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2006 06:37:46 PM »

I've started already. I had to; I wanted to pick up some yarn and miscellaneous sewing supplies on sale the other day and I told myself I couldn't unless I made Christmas gifts. I've started on some dishcloths for small gifts, and I'm applying all the power of my brain--hear the squirrel turning in its wheel?--to thinking of what to make for my sister. I'm thinking a crochet hat from the Vogue Crochet Hats On the Go book or maybe a panta. I'd also like to crochet her a shawl but she probably wouldn't wear it, so I'm thinking about a small, simple shoulder purse; then again her name has five letters and ends with an i so if I made a Fendi knockoff bag I could put a tag with her name on it. I was already thinking of making a sewn chapstick keyring for her, but now I've seen crocheted ones in the Completed Projects area, maybe I should try to invent my own.  Or maybe I should just ask her what she wants.

I haven't even started to think about anyone else.

Maybe I'll just give everyone a donation to the Human Fund in his/her name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
irilab
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006 11:26:51 AM »

What about something like a crocheted football with the team name on it so he can throw it at the T.V. when something bad happens? 

Hey, I like that! It would have to be a rugbyball though  Smiley. Thanks for the golf links Ezri_B!
I just found a pattern for a dolphin in an old crochet magazine, I think I'll give that a try that for my nephew (he's two)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WandaT
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006 07:12:27 AM »

Hi all - I'm new here (well, been lurking for a while, but not posting) and thought I'd throw my .02 in ... I've actually started believe it or not. It wasn't planned ... LOL I started knitting a wrap from a skein of the JoAnn Rainbow Boucle just to play with it. I love how it works up. Took it on vacation so that's all I would have to take. I knit much slower than crochet and I didn't want anything to grow too fast in my lap ... just way too hot in the car and on planes. Went back to the store last week and found some other colors I liked better than this teal variegation, so this one will be a gift. I've got some afghans/throw in the planning stages for other family members. I'll most likely use Homespun and and RH Light & Lofty for these since those yarns work up so fast! I just did a L&L throw as a spur of the moment wedding gift last week! It turned out beautiful! There are tons of other things I want to make for those on my list, but I'm starting with the afghans/throws first. Then if I have time, I'll do some shawls/wraps, purses and scarves for others. I'm going to order my yarn next week, so I can get started when school starts - and the new TV shows. Smiley

I love hearing all the ideas others are coming up with!

Wanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wanda T in VA
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Flash Buttons - Flash CS3
How to Create an Animation - Photoshop CS3
How to Design a Haunted House Part 2/3
Clone Yourself in Sony Vegas
How To Make A Light Saber Effect In Sony Vegas
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...