A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 315,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
351 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Vogue crocheted scarves - has anyone made this scarf or any other in the book?  (Read 2007 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RubyTuesday
« on: August 10, 2006 06:53:53 AM »

Vogue Knitting on the Go: Crocheted Scarves

I was wondering if anyone's made the scarf on the front cover?  ..and what the other patterns in the book are like? - can anyone recommend it?

http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=1931543429

I'm thinking of buying the book but i'm unsure whether to or not because I've no idea what the other patterns are like, if only there was an internet site that enabled you to see inside the books! I Love buying over the internet but hate buying books when i've only seen the cover!

Also... Does anyone fancy a crochet along to the cover scarf? ..as long as I've managed to get the pattern! I've already tried to make it without the pattern..I failed!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006 09:45:55 AM by vanillaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emmalou
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006 06:58:29 AM »

I've wondered the same thing.  I love that scarf, but I am not sure I can commit to the entire book. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

red883
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006 08:18:11 AM »

I have that book and love it for the really different scarf patterns. .
You may be interested in looking at Amazon for reviews...they list nine of them:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1931543429/ref=dp_return_2/104-0746397-2459914?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books

The book is also less expensive on Amazon...
Usually one can see pages inside for a review but this one seems not for review.

Also learned that Vogue Scarves Book II will be coming out too! I've marked that on my wishlist.

Red
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Crochet  Smiley
He Makes Hooks: www.brainsbarn.com
RubyTuesday
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006 08:27:36 AM »

hey thanks for the link, the reviews are a good idea, I was bowled over to see that not only is it listed at half the price I can buy it on amazon over here (UK) but that one of the reviewers said Quote: I was delighted to find that my local yarn shop uses this book for their "crochet scarf of the month club," WOW what a good idea, wish we had groups like that here  Cry

I think i'll emigrate! Grin .. until then I'll stick with Craftster  Wink
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 08:30:29 AM by RubyTuesday » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beetastic
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006 08:59:34 AM »

I have this book.   I love it.  I have made 2 or 3 scarves from it.  If you would like I could scan a few pages from the book so you could see the other scarves.  PM if interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manika
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006 09:21:23 AM »

i saw the book at my lys and looked through it...after a few more visits, i finally broke down and bought it.  i still love it.  i've only made one from it though - the popcorn stitch one.  there's a pic of it on my blog (row after row of popcorn stitch).  i want to do several more from it this winter.  the one on the cover looks fun, but most of the patterns inside are more practical.  there's a couple that are super simple (like single crochets througout) and a few that are more advanced.  there's one that looks lacy and delicate, but most call for a heavier yarn.  oh, and there's a couple shawls in there too, i think.  they show only one masculine scarf (masculine because of the colors used and the simple pattern).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyTuesday
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006 09:26:55 AM »

Thanks for the offer beetastic :-) but...I gave in to temptation!! I've ordered a copy, should be here in a few days!

anyone fancy a crochet along to the scarf on the cover, It looks as though it's a project that might take a bit of perseverance to complete!! perhaps we can give eachother tips and keep eachother crocheting, (not that i'm the sort that doesn't finish things ha ha ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beetastic
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006 10:23:33 AM »

RubyTuesday - Your welcome. 

I would love to do a crochet along.  I have wanted to do it but looks a little daunting by yourself.  Would be nice if others would want to do it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emmalou
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006 08:41:39 AM »

I am up for it!  Nothing says "crochet a scarf" like a 80 degree day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manika
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006 10:53:30 AM »

i'd do it too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Making a Mural with Michelle Ortiz
Meet Young Manga Artist Lilly Cernak
Manga Artist Lilly Cernak at Work
Meet Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland
Calligrapher Eleanor Aisha Holland at Work
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...