This one turned out perfect.
Sorry it took me so long to get a tutorial up. The top I made is a closed back bodice, so here is my tutorial for it. I used simple rectangle shape for the bodice.
1. The length of the bodice is the bust measurement, plus one inch, divided by two inches with a 3/4 seam allowance.The width should be the measurement from your underarm to right below your bust with 33/4 seam allownace. You will cut 4 pieces total (2 for main bodice and 2 for the lining).
2. Cut two strap pieces out 18 inches long and 3 inches wide.
3. sew strap pieces length wise and press.
4. The straps on the front of the bodice should be about nine inches apart. Sew two bodice pieces right sides together (along one of the longs sides) with straps sandwiched between the. Turn right side out and press.
5. Sew the other two bodice pieces together right sides together ( along one of the long sides) and press.
6. Stitch the sides of the bodice pieces (both lining and main part) right sides together.
7. Try on the bodice and adjust the straps to fit in the back.
8. Top stitch over the straps in the back to attatch and reinforce.
Now you have a bodice top. For the bottom you can pretty much do anything. I made mine with strips.
1. Make the strips 2 inches wide with 3/4 seam allowance.
2. Sew all strips together and close it up to form a big tube. My tube was 5 inches bigger than the size of the bodice (since I am a bit bigger in my hips and stomach).
3. Sew a gathering stitch to the top of the tube and pull thread to gather fabric. This is to help it fit the bodice.
4. Pin right sides together (tube to bodice) careful not to sew the lining with it. Stitch together.
5. Fold 3/4 of the lining under and then whip stitch to cover the seam you just made.
6. Hem your shirt. Add ruffles or any decorations to the bottom and your all done!
Hope this is a good tutorial for you all.