A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter for our Kids Swap Gallery!  (Read 6686 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006 08:34:17 PM »

It's perfect!  I'll try to get pics tomorrow - hopefully it will be sunny and not me-in-the-car-all-day.  Roll Eyes  Why am I called a "stay-at-home-mom" again?  Oy...  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2006 02:18:57 PM »

We've received from zenochka!  Hurray!  My kids are SO happy.  I've got pics....
Gareth with the cutest Dobby ever!

Elena and her super cool new bulletin board! It goes perfectly with her HP room!

Mini-monsterbook - how cute is that???

Elena's new best friend!  A purple Pygmy Puff (she loves furry & purple!  PERFECT!!!)...  She's also wearing a gorgeous new Hogwarts necklace in Gryffindor colors.  She loves it, too!

Weasley's Wizard Wheezes Tee for Gareth - he LOVES it.  Fred & George are two of hisfavorite characters
and he's a t-shirt maniac!

Elena's mini-Monster Book of Monsters... which keeps trying to eat Dobby, much to Gareth's chagrin!

Gareth's unbelievably cool new Potions notebook & quill, both of which he's started writing potions in.  Thank goodness I had some ink!

Last but not least, a very bad picture (sorry about the glare!) of cool ornaments that William helped make, according to our letter. Smiley  Left is Elena's of Harry and right is Gareth's of Sirius.

And a couple of pictures of Gareth using the Potions notebook...

Thanks again to zenochka!  Your crafts are just awesome and my kids are having a blast with everything!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
zenochka
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2006 02:22:25 PM »

Yay! so glad they made it safe and sound and that they liked everything!!!!! Glad you had ink! I knew I forgot to get something  Tongue
Cheryl
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006 02:26:48 PM by zenochka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2006 02:31:56 PM »

No worries!  I have quite a few bottles from this ink art I used to do.  It was very Jackson Pollack+Rorschach....  Fun and stress-relieving, but not something I can do with 2 kids and 4 cats running around the house!

They love everything so much!  Thank you again.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
beautifulloser
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2006 02:45:57 PM »

Everything looks great! I love the mini monster books, I've been meaning to make one for my son for his sketch book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenefor
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006 04:14:58 PM »

Super cool stuff I really like the bulletin board! The monster books are cool too, I never even thought of making a mini version. Too cute everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenefor
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006 01:06:14 PM »

OK so call me impatient but since kahluakiggy has received her items I figured that i would put up the picts of what i sent her...
This is the scarf that I made her son (my first knitting project so be kind) modeled by my lil man.

We also made a composition book

Here is the inside cover
I forgot how hard it is to get the burning just right around words and that (they must not put all the good stuff in paper like they used to. It seemed to burn slower when I was a kid)

And we also made a poiton for him. This one is of the one we made my son when we were doing trial and error (exactly the same though but obviously we sent it without the liquid ingredients...besid es the foaming is the fun part right?) You cant realy tell in the pict but there is gliter and stuff that swirls around when you pick it up to use it and that.

We had lots of fun crafting. I wish that we had more time on this end do do more...I still have tons of ideas...darn domestic duties Sad

I still want to see your picts of your son in the scarf kahluakiggy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006 01:57:28 PM »

I'm so sorry, Jenefor!  I thought I'd already done this!

Nick modelling the scarf with Harry Potter hair as well - see it going all over the place!  lol

And here's everything together - my flash kind of ate up the pics of the potion and the notebook, I'm glad you got good pics.  Thanks so much, he loves everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
beautifulloser
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006 05:58:26 PM »

Everything looks fantastic! I wish I had the patience to knitt such a long, thick scarf, maybe while I'm on vacation.
The potion bottle looks cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006 07:01:01 PM »

that scarf is awesome!! I must learn to knit just so I can make me a gryffindor scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Create a Fade Effect in Photoshop
How to Copy and Paste in Photoshop
How to Create a Lightsaber in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...