A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rusted Root  (Read 58089 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mobius strip
« Reply #330 on: June 04, 2007 06:25:10 PM »

Thanks WIPs.  I fixed (patched, rather) that error...the slightly larger hole in the lace pattern.  It was more noticible than I realized when I saw the pictures.  I also changed my bind-off, and I think that looks better now, too.

Here's a new pic of it.

BTW, in case anyone is wondering I used Cashmere Canapa.  It took a little less than 5 balls, for a size small sweater with medium-ish sleeves and some added waist shaping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onechancefancy
« Reply #331 on: June 04, 2007 06:32:59 PM »

Looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
helenk
« Reply #332 on: June 06, 2007 10:56:57 PM »

ooh.  you got poofy sleeves! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mlcrays
« Reply #333 on: June 28, 2007 03:36:30 PM »

Here is my second round of rusted roots.  This time I made a few changes. I did not follow the directions for the puffy sleeves and I knit the neckband at the beginning  instead of picking up stitches. So far I am happy with the mods.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
temptingpsydfx
« Reply #334 on: June 29, 2007 10:05:33 AM »

Looks great! I think I'm at the same spot on the body as you are. But I still have to pick up for the neck and all that. I'm hoping to have it finished this weekend, we shall see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Apple Jacks~*~
lisacb
« Reply #335 on: June 30, 2007 04:57:42 PM »

I finished mine about a week ago, I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Maize, 3 full skeins and a small amount of the 4th for the medium size. To get gauge I used a 3.25mm needle but I changed to 3.0mm throughout the torso up to the hips where I then changed back to 3.25mm. The sleeves have some pouf, though I'm wondering if maybe the heavyness of the cotton and the slight lax in my ribbing is what is keeping them down. I think if I had made a few decreases to the ribbing or used a 2.0mm needle it would be tighter around the arm and help keep the pouf up. Overall, I'm really pleased with the end result.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AWynkoop
« Reply #336 on: June 30, 2007 06:10:38 PM »

lisacb- I am a sucker for anything yellow, and your rusted root is no exception!  It looks great on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
temptingpsydfx
« Reply #337 on: July 02, 2007 10:32:31 PM »

I finished my Rusted Root today, but when doing some weaving I noticed a small hole in the back. I have NO idea how it happened, but I'm going to take it to the LYS for some grafting help. Hopefully I will have a picture of it tomorrow!

Lisacb, how did the Cotton Ease work with the pattern? Is it heavy? I was thinking about doing another Rusted Root and I LOVE Cotton Ease. I might have to pick up some tomorrow at Michaels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Apple Jacks~*~
neggie
« Reply #338 on: July 02, 2007 11:08:28 PM »

I finished mine yesterday, too. I still have to weave in my ends (ugh) but I am pretty pleased with it. Hopefully I can get around to posting pictures right away. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

temptingpsydfx
« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2007 08:34:51 PM »

Finished mine up last night!

[/img]

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Apple Jacks~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
How to Cut a Person or Object from a Picture in Photoshop
How to Use And Create Actions in Photoshop
How to Make a Grunge Background in Photoshop
How to Make a Runescape Scene in 3ds Max Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...