A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,725
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rusted Root  (Read 56196 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

D.I.Winer
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2007 07:21:28 AM »

My boss is away ALL DAY....that means *8 hours* of knitting for me! (it's slow here this time of year) I brought my sweater & another ball of yarn...but I forgot the pattern at home! I went to the download site again but it said I've hit my limit of downloads for the pattern.

***edited because I had asked if someone would pm me the lace pattern, but I got my boyfriend to find the file on my computer at home & e-mail it to me!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007 07:53:51 AM by D.I.Winer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rorosity
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2007 07:17:22 PM »

Whenever I buy an online pattern, I download it and then forward it to my work e-mail address and an alternate e-mail.  It comes in handy when you forget the pattern at home.

Jeannine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vasetthi

Iron Goddess of Mercy

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2007 08:15:41 PM »

30 rows in!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

You know, for kids.
randomcyn

OH MY GOD IT'S EATING MY HEAD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2007 08:20:43 PM »

That's a great colour vasetthi!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlcrays
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2007 11:36:40 PM »

I'm finish, well sort of.  I still need to block it so it will fit smoother. This is my first finish sweater and I am happy with the results.  I use cotton fleece in 'tea rose', and I made the medium size. I modify the collar since I did not want to pick up stitches. I did a crochet crab stitch on the collar and I think it looks OK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LandShark
« Reply #275 on: May 04, 2007 09:16:16 AM »

Mlcrays, that looks lovely!  I thought about doing the same kind of neckline but wound-up making it as in the pattern (with some mods).

Here's another finished Rusted Root:  I used Cotton Fleece in Berry and made up my own size, between the XS and S.

And a view from the front:

I'm really happy with how this turned out, even though I wish the sleeves poufed-out a little more...but that seems par for the course from seeing other finished sweaters!

Another pic and details on my blog:
sticks-and-tones.blogspot.com/2007/05/rusted-root.html

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007 12:24:11 PM by LandShark » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kinderbean
« Reply #276 on: May 04, 2007 09:53:07 AM »

That looks so good on you LandShark! I'm going to have to start this soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badbadrubberpiggy
« Reply #277 on: May 04, 2007 11:13:50 AM »

Beautiful Rusted Roots, mlcrays & landshark!

Seeing all the FOs earlier in this thread prompted me to make my own, which I just finished yesterday & am wearing today!  No pics yet, though I will be taking some later.

I used JaggerSpun Zephyr Wool-Silk DK for mine, in Ebony.  I also did the same type of decreases that landshark did, around the neckline.  Even after that, it still wanted to roll, but looked fine once I had it on.  The rolling blocked out, which is nice. 

My sleeves puff out a little more than a lot of the FOs I've seen, but that's to be expected for me - most shoulders/straps are too big or long for me, even when the rest of of the shirt fits perfectly.  They still don't puff out as much as the picture on the pattern, but I may be able to block some more poof into them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
randomcyn

OH MY GOD IT'S EATING MY HEAD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: May 05, 2007 11:16:59 AM »

Question for all the Cotton Fleece users - the ball band says to wash with vinegar, and the guy at the LYS where I bought it said the same thing, to help keep the colour from fading. How exactly do I do this? Never done a vinegar rinse before so I'm not sure exactly how it works.

My Rusted Root is nearly done (almost to the bottom ribbing, neckline and sleeves all done and all my ends woven in), so I'll need to be washing/blocking it very soon. Weeeee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #279 on: May 05, 2007 12:34:39 PM »

I thought I would add mine to the KAL. Very wearable, but I really wanted those puffy sleeves Sad
all the important info is on my blog http://auntieamandaknits.blogspot.com/2007/05/rusted-root-and-interview-meme-of-sorts.html

Randomcyn: All you do is add white vinegar to the water. I added about 1/2 a cup of vinegar per gallon of cold water to the water I soaked mine in (I always do this with cotton) and it still bled like crazy...I ended up changing the water four or five times before I was getting clear water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Know When You Should Cut Your Hair
How to Cut Hair Yourself
How to Finger Wave Hair
How to Style Long Hair With Jerome Lordet
How to Pin Curl Long Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...