A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rusted Root  (Read 55942 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2007 03:43:13 PM »

I did the size I thought I would be and it was way too big.  I started over in a smaller size.  I lost pretty much all of the poof in my sleeves, but I thought it was due to my broad shoulders...  Could you make the top for one size and then decrease so that the body is a smaller?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
helenk
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2007 12:07:39 AM »

Thanks, jesdmill, on the advice about blocking to keep the sleeves poofy.  Other people also wrote about making the sleeves one size bigger, but I am afraid the sleeves will be too big.  Maybe I will try one way and see if it works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tilliev
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2007 03:35:07 PM »

I'm glad other people are still knitting this-- i'm just getting around to it.  I'm almost done with the yoke and sleeves, and am using Cascade's Sierra (also 80% cotton/20% wool).  Everyone's advice about sizing is really helpful, and you all look wonderful in your finished ones!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aunt Suzi
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2007 05:31:05 PM »

I second that, tilliev.  I've been following this KAL since the beginning, but only just cast on last weekend. 

Using knitpicks main line in dusty lavendar.  Very nice color, but I"ve heard mixed reviews about the yarn.  Also, I'm knitting it really tightly to get gauge, so I hope it's not too stiff. 

I made the neck a little deeper and am leaving off the sleeve poofs (just not a poofy sleeve kind of gal) and doing elbow length sleeves I think.

Hope it all works out, because I love this sweater!  (Obviously it's all about the lace for me rather than the poofs  Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbelle
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2007 11:53:32 AM »

I'm planning on making this one soon.  What can I say, I'm a late bloomer. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sassykathy
« Reply #185 on: March 02, 2007 06:27:44 PM »

I'm starting this one tonight, for my sister. I'm using Knit Picks Merino Style in Moss (her choice.)  So, the M1 in the first row, does it slant right or left? Or does it matter?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LizziTea
« Reply #186 on: March 09, 2007 12:11:53 PM »

I'm about to get started on this too.  Fashionably late as usual Wink  I'm sort of a newbie and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what skills you need to do this.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschkween
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2007 12:23:57 PM »

i would really like to make one. what level of difficulty would you say this is? what kind of techniques would i need to know? i consider myself intermediate, but i have never knitted a sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kgo6050
« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2007 07:11:35 PM »

Hi ladies and gents,

I know no one has posted in here in a while, but hopefully someone is still reading. So here's my dilemma... ROW 3.

I casted tonight and row 3 has me totally stuck. I've done lace before, but never run into a k1, yo, p1 sequence before.

The pattern says: K1, YO, K1, k2tog, P1, slip 1, K1, psso, K1, YO, P1, yo, K1, slip 1, k1, psso, p1, k2tog, k1, yo, k1

but when I get to the second P1 wouldn't my yarn already be in front from the yo?  I know a bunch of people have made this sweater so there has to be an easier solution then the things my brain is telling me to do.

I checked out the q&a on the website but when I do what it says "For that tricky part of row 3: you will hold your yarn to the back and then purl (for the first YO) and then after that purl stitch your yarn is already in the front for the next YO, so you just knit with your yarn already in the front!" it looks like my stitches are twisted on the top of my needle. Does anybody know what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly- Yarn, Fabric, Crafted items, just ask!
http://www.wists.com/kgo6050
bigang100
« Reply #189 on: March 14, 2007 09:54:18 AM »

Here's my Rusted Root.  Despite the look on my face, I'm quite happy with this knit.  Easy and fun pattern.  I used Knitpicks Shine Worsted weight in Ebony.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shots rang out, like shots are wont to do.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
WAG Kelly Brook Says She Dresses To Flatter Her Curves
Who Rocked the Frock: Edie Falco, Tess Daly, or Shalom Harlow?
Top Five Fall Denim Trends
How to Make a Personalized Apron With Elmo
How to Care For Leather Shoes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...