A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
730 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rusted Root  (Read 55943 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2006 08:50:56 AM »

I know there was a lot of discussion about starting a KAL for this and I've been watching, but haven't seen one yet so I thought I'd start it.  I cast on yesterday...

Check it out!  http://www.zephyrstyle.com/catalog/item.cfm/2367447/3289215
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
Banana Pie
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006 09:03:43 AM »

I love it soooo much but I'm so behind on other projects!  Grrr! Maybe this will be motivation to finish the rest of them so I can start something new!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathyruth
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006 04:58:52 PM »

I started Sunday and I am just at the sleeve shaping (making the puffs!).  So far so good.  I am using Cotton Fleece in Provincial Rose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006 05:40:48 PM »

Granted I've never designed something myself, and maybe I should just have a little bit of faith in those much more experienced than I am...  I don't think that my arm decreases are going to be even.  On one side I would have fewer stitches in front of the last decrease than on the front of the other arm...  I think I'll go a little further and see how it looks.  I can't imagine trying to frog back partway, I think I'd have to start all over.  NO.....................   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
kathyruth
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006 06:11:11 PM »

juliesnider - I just finished the arm decreases yesterday and I noticed the same thing.  But the difference was only 1 or 2 stitches.  Not enough to make my sleeves un-even.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelliz
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006 06:55:52 PM »

This sweater is so cute, I really want to make it but I have to make myself finish some of my UFO's first.  I am definately making this eventually.  Maybe this will be great motivation to finish some things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006 09:23:11 PM »

I don't know if I forgot some of the increases on one side or what.  It doesn't look like it, but one arm has about 6 more stitches than the other!  I think that I'll put it on yarn in a couple more rows and try it on.  I'm not even sure this size is going to fit, so I can check out the size and the sleeves at the same time.  If I do have to start again it's not too much time lost I guess  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gloriana
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006 08:58:42 PM »

I just bought this pattern - love it.  I've got quite a bit on my plate just now but I plan to make this one soon - probably beginning of next month.  I'll check back... is anyone using a yarn besides the Cotton Fleece?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
juliesnider

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006 06:31:28 PM »

Yup, too big...  looks like it's time to rip and start fresh  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carecare
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006 05:23:33 PM »

seems i posted this in the wrong place before -- didn't realize that there was a knitalong already!

I haven't been working on this exclusively yet, but I'm really enjoying it so far.   it's pretty simple, but the lace pattern keeps me on my toes.

[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Lines in Calligraphy
How to Make Your Penmanship Better
How to Illustrate Anime Characters
How to Buy Calligraphy Ink
How to Design Anime Feet
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...