A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: *Little Breads* - Recipe with PHOTOS!  (Read 2062 times)
Tags for this thread: bread , tomato , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Heather Bailey
« on: August 09, 2006 12:23:48 AM »

Yikes - what a silly name. My sister adopted this quick recipe from me and her husband promptly named it "Little Breads." Somehow the name has stuck, so humor me.

This is a yummy and quick dinner, hors d'oeuvre or snack -- just thought I'd share :-)

First, slice some delicious bread. I usually use a long sourdough baguette, which makes tiny little bread rounds (hence the name Little Breads).  In the photographs I've chosen a larger rosemary olive oil bread from the LaBrea Bakery.  Spread a light layer of butter on the top and sprinkle with a yummy garlic salt.  Place these in a 400 oven for 10 minutes or until the bread is lightly toasted. 

Next, place slices of yummy tomato on top of the toasted bread.  You may choose to sprinkle a little more garlic salt or other seasoning on top of the tomatoes. 

Finally,  sprinkle feta cheese on top of the tomatoes -- a lot or a little (we had a lot that night)  :-)

Place your concoction in the oven on 400 for ten minutes to cook those tomatoes and warm that cheese.  I like to toast them on Broil for a couple of minutes at the end -- makes 'em crunchy and pretty.  That's it!  Little Breads are great served with a side of green beans or another favorite vegetable. 

« Last Edit: November 20, 2008 08:26:28 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetpeahandcrafts
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006 08:34:22 AM »

I drooled over this on your blog not long ago--looks very tasty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Purses, Retro Aprons and Other Accessories!
www.sweetpeahandcra fts.com
Heather Bailey
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006 08:50:46 AM »

Thanks -- I just figured out the whole share-it-on-craftster thing or I would have put this up before  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ffancypantss
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006 09:16:12 AM »

ahh that looks so delicious! anything with feta is a winner in my book
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let there be songs to fill the air...

www.limabeads.etsy. com
Heather Bailey
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2006 12:22:27 AM »

Ya, feta is my favorite. You know, once in college, I had this random craving for feta and black olives as a snack.  Same night, no kidding, I drove a few friends to the grocery store and one of them came home having only purchased feta and black olives -- and we hadn't discussed it whatsoever!  Boy, did we gobble them up -- I wonder what was in water...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yellowladybug
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006 07:20:17 PM »

I finally got around to trying out this recipe...didn't have feta so I substituted swiss.  It was delicious and so easy...even my kids gobbled it up!!!  Thanks for such a great recipe! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists-http://www.wists.com/yellowladybug
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Country Style Meatloaf
Ham, Tomato and Cheese Bake
Sauteed Noodles
Grilled Cheeseburgers
Eggs in a Nest Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...