A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
614 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE CRAFTSTER COOKBOOK?  (Read 812 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2006 01:25:11 PM »

we all have some grreat recepies...would be cool if the admin. took submissions or some of these threads and made a craftster cookbook of recepies by us for us...........it's just a thought.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
trinashere
nerd and a half.

(witty comment goes here)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006 01:28:02 PM »

That is a cute idea.

I've got a wicked fritatta recipe ...

-trina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The art of losing isn't hard to master; so many things seem filled with the intent to be lost that their loss is no disaster. ~ Elizabeth Bishop
Avian Flight
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006 01:32:52 PM »

That's cool but where would we post it and how would it be organized? I just posted a salad dressing recipe that I love but I also have a good apple pie recipe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006 02:23:11 PM »

if it could be worked out that would be awesome!!!
everybody here has such good recipes!
(btw by book dso you mean online or like printed book?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006 03:12:55 PM »

I think this was discussed once, but the actual practicalities of it all prevented it from actually happening.  If I recall correctly, it turned into a recipe book/recipe card swap.  Everyone emailed their recipes to the organizer who put them into one word doc, then sent them to everyone.  Then each person compiled them, either into a book or on cards, and sent them to their swap partner.

But, as I recall, that also got messy, b/c people started whining that they were vegetarians or lactose intollerant, etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Tara1979
They Saved My Life...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006 05:13:14 PM »

I love the idea, but yes it could become complicated. However, there is an idea out there that may help. Why write one book? What about several smaller books (eg. Vegetarian, Diabetic, Meatarian, Lactose free, Kosher, etc). You can publish your own books through www.Lulu.com - the books are very reasonable, and if people wanted to buy online they could (you can buy the printed book, the PDF or Email version [not sure which they have], or order from the person publishing). The profits could be set to next to nothing, so the cost is actually just the cost of the published material (so no one person profits when 100 people, or however many, have contributed). If the majority of contributors agreed, any profit could be sent in as a mass donation for craftster (I'm sure it could be worked out that way).

Just some thoughts Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PlayItGeorge
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006 06:26:36 AM »

It did happen, and I was the organizer.

Initially it was kind of a mess and wasn't going to happen, but I restarted it as an "omnivore" swap--meaning that ALL recipes were OK to include, and if someone else wanted to start a vegetarian/lactose intolerant/vegan/whathaveyou swap they were more than welcome to (and if you didn't want to receive all different kinds of recipes, then too bad and don't sign up  Wink).  People sent me the recipes, I made a master file, and sent it out to everyone.  Then once everyone got the master file, they made either a cookbook or recipe box with the recipes.

Here's the gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=86079.0

A round two happened, I believe, however I didn't participate in it so I can't really say anything regarding it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

8littlepaws.wordpress.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Legend of Sheba by Tosca Lee
How This Author Discovered The Untold Story Behind The Creation Of Facebook
How We Came to Medicate More Than Four Million Children with ADHD
Guide on How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid
A Personal Connection to Cosby
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...