A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Walker Treasury Project, edited to add link to contest info!  (Read 1045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 30, 2007 07:22:57 PM »

Every knitter knows that Barbara Walker's Treasuries are indispensable. We use them constantly for designing, for help with a difficult pattern, and for pure inspiration.

Sometimes, though, the mostly black-and-white and small pictures keep us from seeing the full potential of a pattern. That's where the Walker Treasury Project comes in.

We're gathering high-quality, color photos of all the patterns in all the Treasury books and putting them on the internet as a visual aide to this wonderful collection. Help your fellow knitter by choosing a pattern from a particular book, working up a nice big swatch in a light-colored yarn, and posting it to our blog. We can help you label and categorize everything. Also, keep in mind that we're not posting the pattern, just the picture!

See the blog for more information!  thewalkertreasury.wordpress.com

Edited to add:  Read through the thread to read about the contest we're having in the month of April... or click this link:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007 03:00:25 PM by nhindes » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007 10:47:27 AM »

This is a great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing all the pretty swatches. Should I be so lucky as to knit something that hasn't been done already, I'll sure submit it to your blog.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007 11:03:00 AM »

So far we only have 2 swatches knitted - and there are at least a couple thousand in her books!  We'd love you to knit one here or there!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007 12:14:58 PM »

This is a great idea.  I have her first two books and I think color pics would be extremely helpful.  I will definitely try to contribute.
finishes last

knits with elves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007 01:23:21 PM »

there's a great blog where the woman has been knitting swatches from the first treasury for the last year: www.ayearinstitches.typepad.com

it is great to see them in color. the older editions had color photos, but they're hard to find.

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007 02:59:14 PM »

Hey everyone - I just wanted to post that we're having contests during the month of april!  No foolin - we just really want to get more people involved and knitting - we have TONS of swatches to go before we knit them all!  We thought motivation would be a good place to start!!

You can win some awesome stuff for any of the following:
-joining and posting your first swatch in April
-Posting 3 swatches in April
-Taking the best photo of your swatch

you should check it out on the blog

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007 08:35:44 PM »

*scratches head* Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the grayscale pics. I'm able to see the texture much better this way. The color detracts from the stitch pattern in my opinion. In photos, that is.

I like to do personal swaps now and again.

I knit, crochet, and make stitch markers.

Just pm me if you wanna swap. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lea Michele: Last Minute Halloween Makeup Tutorial by Kandee Johnson
Ellie Goulding: Last Minute Halloween Makeup by Kandee Johnson
How To Cover Up Melasma
You Must See These 7 Purr-Fect Ways to Wear Cat-Eye Liner
Kendall Jenner Opens Up About Her Low Self Esteem
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...