A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August Handspun Swap Gallery  (Read 5923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

purlgurl

textile arts babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006 08:51:23 PM »

I have to ask, do all of you guys have wheels or did anyone spin their yarn on a spindle? I just started on a spindle and it seems like it would take forever to spin that much! But if you do this again I'd be willing to try!

Christina

I have a little wheel (ashford traveller).  My mom found it in like-new condition at a yard sale last summer for $45!!!! (she's a fiber enabler)  So don't get discouraged by the price tag of brand new wheels online because you might just find one cheaper in the newspaper, from a guild, or on ebay.  Keep your eyes peeled Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006 11:07:29 PM »

wow, thas some goigeous yarn purlgurl!  loverlyloverly.  everyone did such beautiful work!  I'm going to try posting feedback tonight for everyone who's sent, and let me know if it doesn't show up in a day or two, k?  Oh, and because I'm weird, I tried to leave personalized feedback/ comments (I love it when organizers do that), so ... yeah Grin

I have to ask, do all of you guys have wheels or did anyone spin their yarn on a spindle? I just started on a spindle and it seems like it would take forever to spin that much! But if you do this again I'd be willing to try!

Christina

Wheel, definitely.  And, Frew-Frew, I think marrying yarn should be legal - I'm practically married to my wheel!  Lovelovelove it Wink
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006 11:21:52 PM by fyberduck » THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
faithin

beep boop beep

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2006 03:54:25 PM »

redheadskydiver, i use a wheel too. i became impatient with spindling large amounts of yarn almost instantly. since i got the wheel, i haven't gone back!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey, i do personal swaps! especially for fiber. i am addicted to fiber & yarn. addicted.

http://www.faithinpoison.com/kitten (food & fiber)
http://www.livejournal.com/users/quiz_show (personal journal)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/faithin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kittenlogic/
knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2006 05:29:59 PM »

Great yarns all around! What a great swap!

redheadskydiver, I also use a wheel. It goes WAY faster!

I'll always love my first spindle though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

annalou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2006 06:10:16 PM »

I have to ask, do all of you guys have wheels or did anyone spin their yarn on a spindle?

I used a spindle for the yarn I created (it hasn't been posted yet).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When's the last time you were inspired?
mayerlove
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2006 08:20:02 PM »

I used a spindle! Smiley  I might buy a wheel soon, though. I would have one now if people would stop telling me to try them out first! Tongue haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2006 10:32:03 PM »

I used a spindle! Smiley  I might buy a wheel soon, though. I would have one now if people would stop telling me to try them out first! Tongue haha.

people did that to me too (whyyy?), and I finally went "pfft" and chose one, because they were driving me crazy.  I mean, as long as it works, right?  but, spindles are beautiful things Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
chipper
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2006 05:41:41 AM »

people did that to me too (whyyy?), and I finally went "pfft" and chose one, because they were driving me crazy.  I mean, as long as it works, right?  but, spindles are beautiful things Cheesy

I bought mine without ever trying it.  I'd never tried any wheel before then.
--chipp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2006 07:03:32 AM »

My boyfriend bought me my wheel. He ended up getting it on ebay because he went it to this weaving/spinning shop all ready to purchase one, but didn't because they kept trying to talk him into getting a gift certificate so I could come in and try them first. I didn't know much more about wheels then than he did. They could have made a sale if they had only said, "this ones good for beginners."  If you're a beginner and don't know how to spin anyway, how is trying them going to help? At this point if I want to upgrade I'll try them first, but back then I could make little piles of cat barf yarn on any wheel, I'm sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
mayerlove
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006 09:34:56 PM »

If you're a beginner and don't know how to spin anyway, how is trying them going to help? At this point if I want to upgrade I'll try them first, but back then I could make little piles of cat barf yarn on any wheel, I'm sure.

I agree! The only thing keepig me from buying a wheel now is that I'm going to a fiber fest in September, and people usually have used wheels for sale(or so I hear). So I'll get one cheaper there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix a Fake-Looking Self-Tan
Marc Jacobs Launches His Beauty Range ‘Marc Jacobs Beauty’ in Paris.
2014 Fashion Week Beauty: The Natural Look Returns
Mila Kunis Makeup Tutorial
How to Open a Stuck Bottle of Nail Polish
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...