A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
779 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boston/Cambridge Fabric Stores?  (Read 6614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Quincy134
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007 06:46:58 AM »

If you can drive, the Classic Elite hub mills store in Lowell is a great deal.  They have Classic Elite yarns (plus some other brands) for cheap.  Like $1 a skein cheap for some of the samples. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peppermintsss
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007 06:54:57 PM »

Petite_Renoncule: I went to "A Good Yarn" in Brookline a few weeks back and it's amazing. Typical yarn store prices though ($$). Have fun!

A Good Yarn is FABULOUS!!! I pass it every time I go to my internship in Brookline, right off the Brookline Village stop on the Green Line, D Train. I have a hard time not going in, but they are a little pricey. A good visit, none the less... and Brookline Village is a great place to go too. Smiley

I don't know of any good fabric stores though. There is always Winsor Button for notions and such. I'm going to have to check out all of these fabric stores in Cambridge!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lashwish
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007 04:14:07 AM »

There is a small fabric store, Fabric Corner, on Mass Ave in Arlington Center, a little south of the Stop & Shop and a little north of the main shopping area - it mostly has quilting fabrics, but also some home dec, interfacings, trims, and a small selection of fashion fabrics. Any bus that goes to Arlington Center will make it to within a few blocks of the store.

Fabric Corner is expensive!  I went there to get fabric for my mom's birthday gift & spent waaaay more than I wanted.  Their stuff starts at $8.49/yd.  Many of their quilt-y prints are old lady-ish.  That's the downside to quilt-oriented stores.  They think that we're all boring I guess.  (horrors! LOL  Tongue

I know this is an old post but I wanted to update for the record Smiley
While it may be expensive, its no more expensive than online for certain prints. I thikn you can sign up for online coupons & discounts.

It's also not old lady-ish anymore if it used to be. They had a ton of cute prints, lots of Amy Butler, Freespirit & Alexander Henry when I was in there a month ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyUranus
Only Member of Team Awesome

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007 10:08:33 AM »

I second Winmill--- it's cheap, the employees are friendly and knowledgeable, and its T-accessible.

Winsor Button is also very nice. But their yarn, especially the specialty yarn, can be very expensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebecca Davidson
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2007 08:53:43 AM »

We have lots of samples and remnants at the recycle center in Dorchester.
Fun to pick through. sizes from 2" to several yards, and also stuff on rolls and bolts of surplus fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
limewellingtons
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007 04:33:28 PM »

So which is the cheapest and t accessible. I am across from the New England Medical Center and down the stree from Boylston.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimieye
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008 03:32:19 PM »

Just to let everyone know I was just at windmill fabrics and they have a huge selection of Patterns on sale for $1. A lot of basic simplicity, and such but also some cute halloween  and historical costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Homemade Face Mask
How to Make a Vegan Deodorant With Only 4 Ingredients
Clean Edgy Makeup at Kaelen FW 2014 Fashion Show
No-Makeup Makeup Tutorial
How to Avoid Counterfeit Cosmetics
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...