A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: some of the blankets/afghans I have done  (Read 2676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006 09:26:12 PM »

I wish it was my own pattern - it came from a Leisure Arts Afghan book that I have that was published in the early 90s - think I got it at one of those publishers clearance sales at a local mall.  A co-worker picked it out years ago as one she would like me to make when she had a baby - and she got pregnant last year, so I made it for her.  The lambs were done separately and appliqued on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
chloe_hippy
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006 11:34:30 AM »

is there any place online where i can see pics of the frogs in a pond pattern? sounds like somethign i saw a couple years ago and i have been searching for the pattern ever since....
all your afghans are gorgeous

Carrie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006 10:06:54 AM »

Wow, those must have taken forever to do. I love the colors of the second one, and the little sheepys look adorable on the first. I bet any child would love to snuggle with a blanket with furry sheep on it. The pansy one is really pretty too, my sister (who's a botanist) would love it, she always complains about anatomically incorrect flowers, and those look exactly like the real thing!

I don't know about anatomically correct completely - but they looked the best of all the pansy patterns I looked at, and I loved how they were dimensional.  I hate sewing squares together, but I truly loved making this pattern because the flowers looked so good when I made them.  Here is a close up of the squares.

Thanks everyone.  I loved the Loopy Lambs too - though I got pretty sick of the loop stitch, they did look awfully cute after I sewed them onto the blanket. 

Here is a pic of the frogs from the back cover of the booklet - it is the one in the middle, lower half:

It is hard to see - but the eyes and legs are dimensional.  It was a cute afghan and I put so much effort into it because I really liked my best friends girlfriend and honest though she was *the one*.  Little did I know that she would become an evil cheater - even when they broke up, his mom, I, and another girl friend wanted to stay friends with her - oh well. He deserves better, and the frogs and her have moved on.  I almost want to make a small version of the dogs for my two dogs as a blankie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
chloe_hippy
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006 10:25:48 AM »

oh man....that is exactly the pattern i have been looking for i hate to bother you for more infor, i can tell from the pic it is a leisure arts booklet, but what is the name on the front? i want to see if i can track it down online.....

please you would be helping me out so much....
Carrie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006 10:41:32 AM »

oh man....that is exactly the pattern i have been looking for i hate to bother you for more infor, i can tell from the pic it is a leisure arts booklet, but what is the name on the front? i want to see if i can track it down online.....

please you would be helping me out so much....
Carrie

No problem - it is
Colour Bright Cratures - 8 awesome animal afghans - by Anne Halliday (Leisure Arts # 3362.

Here are some sites that have it still (I think I bought it a couple of years ago from either Walmart, or a Canadian crafts store that has since gone out of business)

http://www.karpstyles.com/catalog.html?item=519
http://cgi.ebay.com/COLOR-BRIGHT-CREATURES-AFGHANS-CROCHET-PATTERN-BOOK_W0QQitemZ190016100406QQihZ009QQcategoryZ3095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/crochet-COLOR-BRIGHT-CREATURES-8-animal-afghans-NEW_W0QQitemZ120016346096QQihZ002QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Leisure-Arts-Color-Bright-Creatures-crochet-afghan-book_W0QQitemZ8274469083QQihZ020QQcategoryZ11797QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Leisure-Arts-Color-Bright-Creatures-Book_W0QQitemZ8277597635QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41232QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
nikilynn13
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007 05:36:58 AM »

Could you tell me the name of the pattern book that has the loopy lamb blanket in it?  I made this blanket for my 1st daughter, but seem to have missplaced the book.  I would like to make it for my next child due in October.
Thanks so much
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pandabunnie
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007 03:20:25 PM »

The lamb one is so cute! thank you for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 yarn
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007 07:58:44 PM »

Wow all of those are beautiful.  Smiley  I really like the second one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Affordable Easter Looks for the Whole Family
Best Spring 2013 Pieces
Cameron Diaz Proves Women Over 40 Can Wear Minis!
5 Alexander Wang Runway Looks for Less
Festival Style for Spring and Summer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...