A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
348 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Big Lebowski Swap Signups CLOSED Sendout by 9/18/06  (Read 9489 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

licalee
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006 04:21:45 PM »

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

I'M OPENING THIS UP TO 20 PEOPLE DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND (we're already half full after less than 24 hours).
It would be a shame if someone was left out because they weren't on craftster for a day. Also it should be a lot easier to organize than the last swap I organized where we had multiple sendouts... All that said, we're still nearly half full after less than 24 hours so get in quick if you want in. If we fill by Friday I'll try to post partners this weekend. I want to try to match you up by your questionnaires.

I know that sometimes pm's get lost around here so if you sign up and don't hear back within 24 hours pm me again. I may not have gotten it or I may have had a life that night but either way better safe than sorry. I'm usually home and on craftster by 6 CST and get to pm's around 7 ( though tomorrow I may go out after work.)

Also - SHARING INSPIRATION is encouraged. This will be my 3rd movie swap (the first my partner had to drop out a week before sendouts) and I know it can be really hard to come up with things realting to a movie. So we have two options - I'll start a seperate inspiration thread or we can just have all the ideas on this thread (thoughts?). I know that I got all my ideas for the Hunter S Thompson/Fear and Loathing Swap by brainstorming. I didn't use any of the ideas from the brainstorming but it got the gears turning. I just wrote out a list as it popped into my head and  all of a sudden I couldn't stop thinking of things.

I'm already thinking of Maude's artwork... strongly vaginal...

Ok, I was just looking at IMDB for some inspiration and I can't believe I forgot about John Taruro's character--Jesus the bowler wiggling around in his tight bowling jumpsuit!  Everytime I see that it cracks me up!

How can you forget The Jesus!? "Don't fuck with the Jesus, meng!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rocknroll

I've been away, but now I'm back!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006 06:32:42 AM »

I say keep it simple and on this one thread. I love the idea of brainstorming...that really helped me with the Princess Bride swap!

"Uh, is that what this is a picture of?"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

licalee
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006 08:00:15 PM »

I say keep it simple and on this one thread. I love the idea of brainstorming...that really helped me with the Princess Bride swap!

"Uh, is that what this is a picture of?"

I was just having a Princess Bride discussion at work yesterday. I love Wesley... and Billy Crystal kicked ass. We also talked of the Goonies. You guys do know that Sam wise the blonde hobbit is Mikey from The Goonies... right? And Rudy from Rudy!

Sean Astin is my Homie!

as far as inspiration threads the only reason I was thinking keep it seperate is so all inspiration things are in one place. That way if you're crunched for ideas you can get ideas without weeding through other stuff.  that and you only need one for all rounds of the swap. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006 08:17:42 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pamplemousse
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006 01:44:38 PM »

I just signed up! Yay!

For those of you who don't know: there is a Lebowskifest every so often in big cities around the country. Their website is a good place for inspiration! Hopefully there'll be one close to Boston sometime so I can go!

www.lebowskifest.com

"I'm staying. I'm enjoying my coffee."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm covered in bees!
licalee
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2006 03:43:01 PM »

I just signed up! Yay!

For those of you who don't know: there is a Lebowskifest every so often in big cities around the country. Their website is a good place for inspiration! Hopefully there'll be one close to Boston sometime so I can go!

www.lebowskifest.com

"I'm staying. I'm enjoying my coffee."

I really want to get a friend of mine to dress up like walter for one of those but he won't do it! He says nobody told him he looked like John Goodman until he got fat. Pfft - he always looked like John Goodman it's just that if they said it when he was thinner it wouldn't have been appropriate! Anyone been to a Lebowski fest?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittingtwit

who needs a lawnmower?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006 05:26:56 PM »

"If we fill by Friday I'll try to post partners this weekend. I want to try to match you up by your questionnaires."

Are we ready to go?

I have been eyeing the dude's cardigan, but think it may take a little while........

Twit
THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006 06:01:05 PM »

Nope - we're not filled up yet! Close though. Not that you couldn't start on your packages now - and I believe there was a request for the dude's sweater so I could match you up with that person if you started on it! Partners will be posted by next weekend but like I said I like to research the pairs so it may take a few days after signups end.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be gone for a few days at the end of August and will be unreachable. A friend of mine has a family lake house in the country and just happened to have it over my (golden) birthday weekend! It'll be the weekend of August 26-27 so we'll all have partners for a week by then and sendouts won't be for another two weeks so it shouldnt cause any problems at that point in the swap. I will be gone for two full days if not three but I'll post more when I know for sure.

And I know it's stupid to let "strangers" who have my address know that I'm going away but I have a house mate and a guard fish. "Don't fuck with the Jesus."

Oh yeah - I saw this years and years ago and I'm so glad it (or something just like it) is still around - Random Lebowski Quote Generator! http://www.thugbot.net/features/lebowski/

I think it's time for an inspiration thread!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 06:24:07 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
licalee
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006 06:08:46 PM »

Inspiration Thread (to use the parlance of our times):
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=113710.0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 06:40:30 PM by licalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stina
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2006 03:39:21 PM »

i just sent in my info, i sure hope there's room for me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please visit my etsy & my blog
PM me for personal swaps
spazcadet55

great googely moogely

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006 08:54:01 AM »

I hope i'm in...this will be so much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So, you like....stuff?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Humidity Affects Hair
How to Get the Pinup-Girl Hairstyle
Salon Solutions for Frizzy Hair
Hair How To: Victory Rolls
How to Curl Your Hair Using a Flat Iron
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...