A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,661
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: platinummmmmm blonde  (Read 515 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LucyOlive
« on: August 06, 2006 09:46:08 PM »

my natural hair is a medium to darkish brown. its currently dyed semi permanent black. once that fades out i want to go platinum blonde. first off will it looks good? im somewhat tan. will it look like a wig? and i have thin smooth hair and i love it. will blonde tottaly destroy that? and if it does once my  natural hair grows back will it be damaged also? finally shouldi get it profensionaly done or do it myself? what product should i use. i dont want it to be like yellow blonde but almost white blonde sorry for all the questions thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One day whilst I was walkin'
a-walkin' through the park
a hickory caught my eye
with the most attractive bark
nervous, i approached it
eyeing branch to root
anxious, can't believe it
THIS TREE IS FUCKING NUDE!!!!

so...
take off all your clothes and
find a tree to fuck and
wrap your legs
jenefor
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006 10:11:03 PM »

My hair had black perminate color on it and it had got ot a nice white blonde (some parts were more dark but for the most part it was super light. Of course now I have bright colors on it so you cant tell. But anyhow you are going to have to expect some damage....But it can be minimal. I have gone to places before to have it done and seriously they pussyfoot around so that you have to "come back" and they get more $...at least that is what I have found in my past. Anyhow this last time I had my friend help me with it (you really shouldn't do bleach yourself unless it is just in front) Anyhow we used the Clairol's born blonde and the Clairol's 7th stage (we just got it at the local beauty supply) These are made to get dark brown or black hair blonde. And then you want to put a toner on as well....a violet if it is yellowy or a blue if it is orangy.
Of course just as a disclamer you probably wont get the "right" lightness the first time...unless you want short hair Tongue
Anyhow you just have to be super nice to you hair after at least for the first few days till the PH gets back to normal.
For shampoos I have used the pricey stuff and the  cheepy stuff and what i have found to be the best bet for my $ is Suave (they have a PH balancing shampoo/conditioner) and then I used the Aussie 3 minute miracle. And I try to wash my hair only every other day at least till it gets simi normal.
As far as if it will look like a wig with tan skin...I doubt it...I am actually tan and it looked fine...but then again I live in So Cal so tan with super blonde hair is the norm Tongue You will feel weird for the first few days though.
I hope this has awnsered some ?'s and again it is just my two cents....
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 02:26:43 PM by vanillaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No Opponent in Backgammon
Bearing in to Win a Race in Backgammon
Bearing in to Save Gammon in Backgammon
Change Game Plan in Backgammon
Holding Game in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...