A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,946
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new uses for old jewelry?  (Read 690 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barbco196
« on: August 06, 2006 08:59:30 PM »

So I found a jewelry box that once belonged to my grandmother.  It has a lot of loose/broken jewelry in it.  Most of it is big gaudy costume jewelry but I'd hate to get rid of it.  Any ideas would be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xcrunnergirl
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006 09:58:33 PM »

Wow! I would love to stumble upon a bunch of old jewelry like that. I don't know exactly what you have, but I think it is a great idea to try and reuse some of it. Old pendants/charms/earrings missing their mates could be incorporated into new necklaces or charm bracelets. Old or broken necklace chains could be used to make necklaces or earrings.

I'm not sure what kind of style you like, but here are some pictures that might get some ideas rolling. All of these pictures are from Urban Outfitters. Maybe check out Anthropologie's jewelry, too. They both have neat, cute stuff, but are way too expensive for my tastes, so all the better to make it yourself!

Hope that this was of any help, and also that you find a use for your grandmother's jewelry! Best of luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M and M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."  - Dave Barry
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006 09:59:45 AM »

Mosaic something with the pieces...my fav vase is one I glued jewelry pieces too, and grouted..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
MaraudingMuggle
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006 10:14:40 AM »

I guess if its beaded stuff you could always take the wire apart and re-use the beads. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gwynevere
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006 10:02:33 AM »

You could make a belt out of them- you know, like one of them where it's like a long chain with all sorts of charms and stuff on it, only jewelry...I've been wanting to make one of them, but I don't have a chain long enough or strong enough(you wouldn't want to use a really fine chain, it would break. Look for the biggest one you can find within taste- I don't think you'd want to use tire chains or anything that big...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Perfect Body with Photoshop
How to Use The Blender Interface
How to Navigate in Blender
How to Load & Save in Blender
How to UV Map in Blender
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...