A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,627
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: San Jose - Fabric R us  (Read 1501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emt95348
« on: August 06, 2006 05:45:07 PM »

Anyone been here? I am going to San Jose on Wednesday and was thinking of diverting the trip a bit to stop here, but don't want to be wasting time. Does anyone know of any other good fabric or craft stores in San Jose? I know that there is  a Jo-ann's, Michael's and two Hancock's. But I can go to those locally. I would like to find some new places with nice affordable fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A husband is someone who, after taking the trash out, gives the impression that he just cleaned the whole house.
digitalmaven
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006 07:44:51 AM »

Anyone been here? I am going to San Jose on Wednesday and was thinking of diverting the trip a bit to stop here, but don't want to be wasting time. Does anyone know of any other good fabric or craft stores in San Jose? I know that there is  a Jo-ann's, Michael's and two Hancock's. But I can go to those locally. I would like to find some new places with nice affordable fabrics.

I tried finding this store not long ago, but only found an empty storefront.  Unless they moved somewhere else, they look to be out of business.

You've covered most of the fabric stores, aside from a few quilting stores here and there.  If you can make a trip down to Santa Cruz, there's a great store there called Hart's Fabric that has an amazing selection.  Prices are decent, and they carry home and regular fabrics as well as notions and patterns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gabloosher
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007 11:14:33 AM »

Fabric R Us still exists at the corner of Berryessa Rd. and Lundy Ave. They have expanded their fabric inventory so that they have two stores in the same little plaza now! You can tell that they are open if:
1) their doors are open, and
2) they have rolls of fabric outside to buy as well.
My mom goes there for all of her fabric needs. We used to go to Hancock's by Mckee's until it closed down. I don't know what the variety and quality of their fabrics are. I'm sorry I can't be of any more help and that I couldn't get this reply back to you sooner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 6/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 30/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 3/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 7/30
How to Knit Homemade Socks with a Loom Part 4/30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...