A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,855
Currently Running With Scissors:
859 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: corset from sheet with hemp boning  (Read 4419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

clockworkclover
But, why is the rum gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006 08:09:54 AM »

I had mild luck (in reference to the smooshed problem) in lifting and then tying it shut. But it wasn't a permanent fix. I was quite sad to finish it all up and then put it on and have an awful silhouette... that does not mean I didn't bounce around in it and make all of my friends comment of course  Grin   But it was still disappointing.

I enjoy hand sewing sometimes, so It wasn't so bad. About the same time I made two or three skirts hand stitching as well.... thankfully I finally got my sewing machine from my parents house, so things go a bit faster. lol

Thanks for the compliments!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
pisicandru

Don't be stupid!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006 10:47:11 AM »

As everybody else i am impressed with your corset. I wonder if you can find again the tutorial you used .... i tried the link you posted much earlier and it seems it is not working anymore .... and a google search didn't get a result for a corset using only one piece of fabric .... although i found few interesting sites  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006 10:48:16 AM »

yeah. do you think jute cord would work just as well?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
clockworkclover

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006 10:53:09 AM »

The site I used is sadly no longer functioning. I don't remember all that well the instructions they gave either! I know that they told you to measure from above your boobs to your belly button and use that as the length and then measure around your body and subtract two for the width. and there is a curve at the top and bottom. The one on the top goes under the arm pits and then goes up again slightly in the back. The bottom one comes to a slight curved point in front and then goes up above your hips and then down slightly in back... If that makes any sense.

I'll see if I can come up with pictures of what I mean. Sorry if that confused any one!

I think you could use jute or any other stiff cord, but you wouldn't want to use anything too thick. But you have to keep in mind it doesn't cinch the waist very much (or at least it didn't on me). And it WILL wrinkle if it's tied too tightly.

Thanks for the compliments~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
talmina
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006 01:30:27 AM »

I think their new link iswww.elizabethancost ume.net, however not having my bookmarks with me don't quote me on it.  But you want the corset pattern generator

Rumour is that jute twine is fine, as is cotton cording, just make sure you use enough that it is tightly in your channels.   Generally when sewing your channels on a machine, just line the last seam up to the edge of your presserfoot.

Another idea I've had in regards to combatting the squish factor is to get one of those bandeau bras (kinda like a really short boobtube), sew in some pockets like the ones in pushup bras to change the padding and insert some of those gel or cream inserts to add a bit more lift to the squish.  You would need a modesty panel on the back to hide the back of the bandeau bra though, or make the bandeau bra also lace up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clockworkclover

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006 08:45:38 AM »

Thanks for posting the link! I'm so excited to have that pattern again (even with the "smoosh effect" it's a nice pattern).

The bandeau is an excellent idea... especially since I already have one around I can alter and I could always wear it under a shirt with the corset over said shirt... that would look decent. OH the possibilities!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

foilhats
this chick has attitude

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006 01:51:51 PM »

wow thats amazing!! i hand-sew everything to..but yeesh, thats far beyond anythign iv eever done!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Essentials For Men, from Katia Beauchamp
A Quick Remedy For Hair Static, from Katia Beauchamp
How To Keep Your Lipstick On All Day,from Katia Beauchamp
Tips To A Healthy Glow In The Winter, from Katia Beauchamp
How to Get Catwalk-Inspired Autumn Glitter Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...