A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,090
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Waterproof inkjet paper?  (Read 691 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: August 06, 2006 08:19:02 AM »

Hi, I hope this is the right thread to post this in!

I am looking for waterproof paper.  I know it sounds odd, but I came across this: http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/85x11-Waterproof-INKJET-Vinyl-Label-pr-405.html

Anyone have any experience with this?  It sounds pretty cool.  I am making personalized water bottle labels for our wedding and want something where the ink won't smudge off onto your hands or worse...dress (eek!).  This sounds like just the stuff I need.  The only problem is that I don't want to pay a fortune for it.  The pricing is very reasonable on that site, but the shipping when calculated was more than the cost of the paper!  Anyone know where else I could get this?  I searched ebay but can't find anything.   Undecided

Thanks!   Roll Eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006 10:00:35 AM »

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure. I've heard that inkjet can smear, it might be easier if you can get on somebody's laser jet printer.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." -Sir Francis Bacon
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006 02:57:39 PM »

Did you have any luck with this?  I know that Judkins (stamping company on West coast came out with a transfer medium called Transit and there are various ways to do transfers with packing tape and other mediums. I don't know much about this but have seen different products out there. If you have any luck let me know. Once I try it I'll let you know. Happy Crafting, Chris H.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006 05:43:28 PM »

ACTersUnite, no luck yet!  I am still searching though.  One thing I came across though is something called Final Fixative.  It comes in a spray can and it is used to protect printed matter, proofs, pastel, charcoal, drawings etc.  I think I am going to print my water bottle labels out on regular paper and then spray it with this stuff.  I am going to buy some this weekend, so I'll let you know how it turns out when I try it.
Offline Offline

Posts: 2883
Joined: 26-Jun-2005

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006 10:40:45 AM »

Just get regular labels and spray with acrylic.

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Organizing Elements in the Layers Palette
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating Frames for Text and Graphics
Adobe InDesign CS2 - The Rectangle Tool vs. the Rectangle Frame Tool
Adobe InDesign CS2 - When Not to Turn on Allow Pages to Shuffle
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Saving a Document
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2015, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.