A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super-functional MacBook Sleeve  (Read 1063 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jezzyloo
« on: August 06, 2006 06:27:37 AM »

I've had my MacBook for less than 24 hours and I already had to make something for her. I bought this crazy fabric at Hancock intended for another purse based on the skipping bag tutorial, but I never got around to using it. Then surprise! My dad goes with me to buy a MacBook during our tax holiday. I told him I was going to make a bag, and he worried about durability, so I just used the foam sleeve that it was in when I opened the box along with my fabric.

Finished Product!
I put this together this morning with the supplies I had, but I think I'll need to make a different strap. Right now I'm using one from my dad's old brief case.  Tongue

Detail of fabric; I absolutely love that two Apple decals were included. It was just what I needed to finish it off.

Velcro flap, just because I'm too lazy to put in a zipper HA

This is my favorite part. When I'm sitting somewhere for a while, I can charge up without taking it out of the bag. When I want to protect the drives on the side, I can just slide the macbook into the sleeve upside down. It wasn't originally going to be like that, but after I put the foam lining between the two layers of fabric and turned it out, it wasn't enough material to go around.

Thanks for looking Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daisygirl

2 kids, 2 cats, 2 birds...why didn't I get 2 men?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006 07:24:13 AM »

It looks great!  I love that crazy fabric too.  I don't mind the strap at all.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezzyloo
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006 06:10:28 AM »

Thanks!
My dad loves the way but now thinks I should make it even more durable, because he's paranoid about it getting bumped where it's exposed :/
yay for repairs...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frogz
graphic artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006 04:31:58 AM »

It turned out really well! It makes me want to make a nice sleeve for my tiny powerbook (poor powerbooks and their obsolete-ness) I really like that your sleeve has a strap and a removable strap at that! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Photography, microscopy, design, paintings - originals and commissions

http://spiltmartini.com/blog - portfolio and blog
http://spiltmartini.etsy.com - etsy store
Elphelba
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006 02:32:11 PM »

My MacBook saw that and now she is jealous....I suppose I'll have to think of something to make for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Gallery Image Part 2/2
How to Make an Unbelievable Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Dandelion Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Cat Photograph.
How to Create a Fairy Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...