A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,308
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: August unconditional swap now closed  (Read 11726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tanza
Angel in the making....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 05, 2006 07:59:55 PM »

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY!

Swap name: Unconditional Swap August
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Tanza  and  Hookin Flamingo (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: August 6th - August 27th
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? Yes, but make sure your parents are okay with it and that you'll have a ride to the post office!
Organizer is aware of users with negative feedback and will not allow those members to participate: Yes

For those of you who joined this swap in July:
Feel free to post any 3 wishes you please (AFTER you've been APPROVED), they do not have to be the same as last month!

Please remember to send in the form even if you had a list in July. I am a new organizer, and I don't have your information!

You must PM the organizer when you post your list, so she knows that you have done so and can check it. PLEASE DO NOT post anything other than your wishlist (new OR old) and a little bit of info about you, any questions or comments can go here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0

SWAP DETAILS

-- Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable; it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!

-- Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design, etc)

-- Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.

-- The catch to this is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except a thank you. That is why it's called an unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, I'm sure everyone will receive something.

-- Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change.

-- Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! This means that only 2 people can send to someone. Within those 2 people, the person may receive all 3 items. I.e. "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. Therefore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item thereby fulfilling two wishes on "X's" wish list.

-- When you post your wish list be sure to mention the country you are in on that post. For example:

I am in India.
Wish 1
Wish 2
Wish 3

-- Once you have been picked twice your name will be crossed out in red on the list. You can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes.

-- The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (every month).

-- As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship them their stuff within 2 weeks.

-- If more than one person picks a person and wants to make them the same item, then the person who Pmed the organizer first will get preference to make that item.

I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt. And - Please DO NOT write your original post in any other color but black. This will make it easier to sort through.

-- All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

-- All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap, including Newbies.

-- Positive and Negative feedback will be given for this swap. Your feedback will reflect the number of people you send to that month.

-- When you PM me your wish choices, please include their craftster name, wish # and wish.

I will continue the trend of posting who has chosen who.

"There's been a lot of talk about flaking and since this swap has a higher potential for flaking than others, I've taken the suggestion to post who is taking who's wishes in a format similar to the Ongoing Wish Swaps. If you really want to keep it a secret, thats fine, just let me know when you pm with your choice(s). I am just giving this a try to see how it goes, the next organizer may choose not to do it this way. My intention is to cut down on the amount of flaking that is happening with this swap."

Please DO NOT post your lists until AFTER I've told you you're in.

When you have been picked PLEASE crossout and change the colour of your post accordingly (green for one wish, red for two-three wishes fulfilled). If you need help with that, feel free to PM me.

PLEASE PM THE ORGANIZER WITH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IF YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE:
___________________ ___________________ _________________
Name of swap: Unconditional Swap August
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
Do you understand the way this swap works?

Please remember to wait for me to okay you before you post your list

« Last Edit: August 28, 2006 05:23:48 PM by Tanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006 08:01:25 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114531.0
gallery is up

green means 1 wish picked
red means 2 wishes picked
please make sure you change the colour of your posts once picked.

1 tanza 1 picked/1 sent/1 received
2 simplyfussfree
3 Jenefor
4 Sarah-  1 picked/0 sent/1 received
5 Catsprefermarlie
6 zenochka  2 picked/2 sent/2 received
7 Ezri_B
8 IMIS
9 padray
10 designingermany  1 picked/1 sent/1 received
11 sweetie pie press
12 Lol Stein
13 motoredxheart  1 picked/0 sent/0 received
14 ecrameri
15 Esmerelda 2 picked/2 sent/1 received
16 A Tragic Disco  2 picked/0 sent/0 received
17 Redheadskydiver
18 Ariel_Is_Cool  1 picked/1 sent/1 received
19 Minusxl3lindfold
20 JessLeigh  1 picked/0 sent/0 received
21 Bonbabbu  1 picked/1 sent/0 received
22 Danderson  1 picked/0 sent/0 received
23 domUNIQUE
24 LaughingLark  1 picked/1 sent/1 received
25 Starlawill 1 picked/0 sent/0 received
26 belleaurora  1 picked /0 sent/0 received
27 Hoxierice
28 PIRATECORE  1 picked/ 0 sent / 0 received
29 Pinkkittypiper
30 Shelichan  1 picked/ 0 sent / 0 received
31 mmd32 1 picked/ 0 sent / 0 received
32 SaccharineSunshine0 4  1 picked/0 sent/0 received
33 veludo  1 picked/0 sent/0 received
34 riario 1 picked/ 1 sent / 0 received
35 roxybadoxy 1 picked/ 0 sent / 0 received
36 dontlookback   1 picked/0 sent/0 received
37 OriginalYouth   1 picked/0 sent/0 received
38 KatJones   1 picked/0 sent/0 received
39 Happychick
40 bkrenning4  1 picked/0 sent/0 received

purple sent and recieved

blue sent

red means contact me ASAP
sent by dates.

post by 21st August

designingermany claimed Tanza for wristwarmers from my wist-
Tanza claimed ecrameri for something from her wist - embroidered hand towel

post by 22nd August

Sarah
craft for Ezri_B - wish #3 something from her wists - a travel tissue holder.

zenochka
I'd like to send padray her wish #3 for yarn

Ariel_Is_Cool
i would like to craft IMIS something! From your wist

send by 23rd august

motoredxhear
i claim IMIS for the altoid tin surprise

send by 24th

A Tragic Disco
I'd like to claim JessLeighs #1 wish, a small notebook to fit in her wallet.

BonBabbu
I'd like to claim esmeralda for the yarn.

send by 25th

LaughingLark
Zenochka has my black butterfly necklace

Zenochka
LaughingLark her third wish A coinpurse of some kind

A tragic disco
I claim LaughingLark for sea glass!

esmerelda
I would like to claim sarah- for her Wish #2, knitting supplies

send by 26th august

danderson I've claimed Starlawill for something from her Wist list.

starlawill i would like to claim BonBabbu for something from her wist.

Belleaurora send to
catsprefermarlie... where should I send her wish #1?

PIRATECORE
can i claim starlawill for
3. any type of embellishment (beads, charms, buttons etc.)

ecrameri
I claim 11 sweetie pie press for:
    3) edit: crochet stitch markers!

send by 27th august

esmerelda I would like to claim mmd32 for a panta.(Wish #3)

send by 28th august

Shelichan
Im claiming veludo for her wish #2

mmd32
can I claim riario for wish #1, the Sha Sha purse or similar?

SaccharineSunshine0 4 I'd like to craft wish #3 for domUNIQUE.

send by 29th august

Riario
I claim jenefor for wish #1

roxybadoxy
you i will be crafting for Minusxl3lindfold. i am making her hair accessories.

Send by 30th

OriginalYouth
I claim LOL Stein for something inspired by a wist item!
(It's a necklace...shhhh... . 

Send by 31st

JessLeigh
I would like to claim simplyfussfree for her wish #2, a knit hat

Dontlookback
I'd like to make Shelichan a plushie from her wishlist.

send by 1st sept

katjones
I would like to claim Danderson for a journal please.  If she is not yet taken of course. 

send by 2nd sept

Veludo
i'll send happychick her second wish.

send by 10th sept

bkrenning4 I will send Shelichan some fabric
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006 05:53:17 PM by Tanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006 08:11:22 PM »

I am Tanza and I live in Western Australia

1. felting and/or knitting supplies I have just started knitting and plan to try crochet next so any supplies big or small I would love, I am looking at trying drop spinning too so if you wanna make me s drop spindle with instructions great. desperately need plastic knitting needles I HATE metall ones they are so slippery.I have a short pair of 4mm and I LOVE them.

2. a crochet animal (Amigurumi)NOT a monkey I hate monkeys.
I love dragons ,wolves, dolphins,orcas , otters , I have 4 cats and 3 dogs,and birds and chooks, oh my daughter is mad about ducks so I am sure she would love you forever should you send her one.I have several ideas on my wist.

3. something from my wist or anything inspired by my wist.

thanks in advance
happy swapping

I am a 32 yr old sahm with 3 kids. I love to try new crafts  so surprise me even,
« Last Edit: August 19, 2006 04:39:19 PM by Tanza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

simplyfussfree
yay, wists!

I'm the dumb looking one on the right.

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006 08:30:04 PM »

My name is Jana, I'm in England.

1. Anything from my ever growing Wist list www.wists.com/simplyfussfree

2. Black, white, or cream knit hat ( No shiny/with sheen yarn please ) Thanks so much, JessLeigh! I'm excited about it!

3. A white or cream scarf

Anyone who chooses to craft for me, thanks loads!

About me: I live in Los Angeles but will be living in England for the next month and a half with my boyfriend. My name is Jana, I'm 26 years old. I like green <3 ( foresty/avacado-y ), and browns. I'm obsessed with travelling and with Romania, Russia, and Poland. I like Victorian looking things, forest themed things, Hansel and Gretal, things with trees on them, birds, ferns, bikes, and nesting dolls. I don't like: metallics, fun fur, yarn with a sheen ( like simplysoft ), when people clip their nails around me, and when people clap at the end of movies.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006 01:56:15 PM by simplyfussfree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenefor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006 12:08:57 AM »

Hi there I am Jenn and I live in California.

#1 Knitting or spinning items. I am new to knitting and only have a few needles that I have got from a yardsale.
I would love any hand me downs or extra yarn you have laying around (I love interesting colors and all kinds, aside from eyelash type or stuff like that...a little or allot doesn't matter) Or a needle wrap that I have seen many times on the boards. A drop spindle, etc. Or anything else you find is usefull.

#2 A knitted item that I couldn't make for myself (since I'm a beginner) You can take a peek at my WIST but here are a few that I would LOVE!
http://www.sockarmy.com/product_MS-RedAW.php (I love the button detail)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/yclept/knitting/animal-cracker3.jpg (Ron's hat from HP)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=72372.0 (this is black with a olive , lime, or funky colored bow would rock)

#3 Soap  I would love to get some home made goats milk soap....something with a nice fresh sent would be great (maybe a peppermint for summer?) But I'm not too picky as long as it isn't super sweet or strong.

I am a 31 yr old SAHM to my one little guy. We love the beach and the outdoors, crafting, sewing, music and exploring. I am learning how to knit again Smiley.  I love all kinds of animals and bright colors...my fave is chartruse together with olive green and brown. If you would like to find out more just check out my links Smiley

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to craft for me

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006 09:38:33 AM by jenefor » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarah-

Feeling the need to crochet...

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006 05:34:05 AM »

Hi, I'm Sarah and I'm from Scotland in the UK!

1. 100% Pure wool that will felt well (patons classic maybe? I can't get it in the UK) - colours, any of - Black, White, Grey, Dark Grey, Beige, Brown and Orange.

2. Any knitting supplies - knitting needles, case yarn etc - I've just started to knit so anything would be useful. - thank you esmerelda!

3. Anything from my wists list - http://www.wists.com/sarah-

I'm 18 and live in Scotland, I love cats. I have just learnt to knit within the past 2 weeks. I love all colours, but tend to pick bold over pastel. I don't like eyelash yarn or anything fun fur (apart from cats beds!) I dn't tend to go for hearts or skulls either.

Thank you to anyone who picks me Smiley
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006 05:26:40 AM by sarah- » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah -

http://www.wists.com/sarah-
teamo.etsy.com - Miniature bears now available!

I'd love to do a personal swap! - PM me!
sweetie pie press
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006 04:22:04 PM »

i am in canada and have a wishlist based on hitting the road for a few months come mid-september

here it is:

1) a big, sturdy, washable messenger bag with a couple of extra pockets (maybe something simple like a brown corduroy...or any scraps you have lying around). i also have a few lovely silkscreened patches that i could mail to you to be incorporated, if you felt crazily inspired.

2) cloth pouches of any size for organizing all my crap on the road.

3) edit: crochet stitch markers! thank you so much, ecrameri!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006 08:57:19 AM by sweetie pie press » THIS ROCKS   Logged

designingermany
El diablo es una ardilla

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006 04:48:05 PM »

Hi, Im Kathrin and I live in Germany.

Heres my list:

1.) A HOBO BAG--> i love this pattern http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=35575.0

2.) A TUBE TOP ( I love the polka dotted one here --> http://home.uchicago.edu/~evelynp/craftpics/HPIM0407.JPG
Tutorial: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=10790.0), not too tight... Wink

3.) Anything SCREEN-PRINTED, a patch, a shirt, a piece of fabric, ....

Or, of course,  anything inspired by my wists!

I am 23 years old, studying Industrial Design and working as a waitress in my spare time ( Huh). I like all pastel colours, pale pink, vanilla, ... Kitty & her friends ( almost anything kitschy) and retro prints and fabrics. Im also into anything exceptional - if nobody has it, I have to have it...

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006 07:38:50 AM by designingermany » THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006 05:19:41 PM »

Hi I'm Cheryl and live in NJ in the USA. Here are my wishes

1. A birthday present for my oldest son who turns 8 years old on August 21st, email me for his likes

2. the Renaissance Faire season is coming up and I'd love something to wear with my Faire garb!

3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this black butterfly necklace from the july undonditional swap :http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=107819.20 Thank You LaughingLark!!!!!

About me: I'm a SAHM to 3. Love the colors blue and purple. We are avid Renaissance Faire go-ers and get season passes every year so we're very happy it's that time of year again!! Love dragons, celtic stuff, fairies. Anything else you'd like to know PM me! Thanks in advance if you choose me!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 04:14:33 PM by zenochka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
motoredxheart
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006 08:50:58 PM »

hi i'm lesley i live in georgia...

1.  a diy microscope slide kit.  i want to make some so bad, but the supplies are hard to come by.
2.  a crochet or knitted necklace.  i love the one on my wist but any kind would be amazing.
3.  anything on or inspired from my wist

i just turned 22 last month, i am a student majoring in film.  my cat is my life, halloween is the best day of the year, and i have a new obcession with cherry blossoms.
in my signature there is my wist link and a link of my favorite things including colors and stuff.  thank you in advance to anyone who picks me.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006 06:17:02 PM by motoredxheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Buttermilk Pancakes and Homemade Breakfast Sausage
How to Make Buffalo Mac and Cheese
How to Make a Traditional Toad in the Hole
Why Texas Is the Mecca for BBQ
How to Make Whole-Grain Skillet Cornbread
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...