A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,849
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 92278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadyT21
« Reply #590 on: December 29, 2007 08:53:49 AM »

I live in a travel trailer for now so all my crafts are in a container box and I just work out of that. Its not much but its something, tho its bit organized. (Im a bit of an organizing freak, lol.) My hose is being renovaed since 2 years ago a hurrican tore my roof off and the walls and floors got wet and ruined. So I had to put everything in boxes and storage contianers. I'll post pics in a bit....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care, T

My Fave Site: After Dark
heathersy

she came to recon

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 05, 2008 04:18:52 PM »

After months away, I set myself back to the task of cleaning up the craft (and DH's tool storage) space. The good thing is, everytime I return to the room I find a new perspective of use of space.

There is a little closet inside the basement which was driving me crazy. It seemed to be a exist only to give long-handled tools a means of falling on my head as I opened the door. Lately, though, I have been researching pulling together a screen printing set up and the need for a dark drying closet got me thinking about the cave in a whole new (lack of) light. I cleared everything out (tools will go to the shed, where wall-mounted grip racks are awaiting their arrival) and now have several long, narrow shelves for drying canvases and screen prints.

And for fabric storage those new XL and XXL Ziplock Bags are tops. They are airtight, translucent, have handles and plenty of room for labeling.

So that is the good word for the day. En Shallah I'll be back soon with photos of the tamed beast.

P.S. to LadyT21: you are making me fell very fortunate to have the mess that I (still) do. Bless you and your organized container box.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cats know where my Sharpie went but they ain't tellin'.
jadco123
« Reply #592 on: January 16, 2008 07:50:05 AM »

I need help! We just moved into a new house I don't have a room for crafting except for the dining room.  Right now, I have a small buffet in there with some of my stuff in it, but I can't put alot in there because my toddler can reach it.  She figured out how to open those safety catch things that you can buy, less than an hour after putting them on everything. 

So my dilemma---storage that can be hidden when company comes, since it IS the dining room.   I will eventually get some hanging cabinets to go above the buffet, but that's not in the budget right now.  One good thing is, I collect vintage picnic baskets and have some of my things stored in them and stacked on the buffet. 

Any other ideas for hidden storage that a toddler can't get in???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #593 on: January 22, 2008 03:38:24 PM »

jadco123, Is there ANYTHING that a motivated toddler can't get into?!!! Roll Eyes If you can figure THAT out, you should get a patent.

Seriously, I'll be looking and thinking. Let us know what you finally come up with!

I wanted to make sure all you craft-room re-doers knew about this fabulous idea from another thead...

It's the latest (but not last!) step in my massive WIP craft room... (last pix on p. 57 of the thread)

In all the STUFF, had this huge and growing bucket of thread. I hated to spend money on the little wooden organizers because I knew I'd need a lot of them AND I'd have to find a place to hang them in my no-wall-space space.

THEN I saw THIS idea
by genius craftster kaishabackwards.

Still no wallspace, though.

So, this is what my DH did for me:

It's a door on my computer-desk-turned-sewing-table!!!! I'm ecstatic, can you tell?!!! Grin

Details:  He put a magnetic catch so it stays shut, and the bolts (2 1/2 inches, or #10, he tells me) are capped with little rubber caps from Widget Company online so that I don't get clawed on bare calves by bare bolts. (You wouldn't need that on the wall, but this would have been a hazard down where it is. I pass it to run for the phone, the boiling pot, the timer...!) The little loopdy-thing is just a regular peg-board screwdriver holder that is super for my small embroidery scissors! (Or, um, for my daughter to store a purple hair elastic on?! Sorry.)

The blank space at the top of the door is reserved for one of those little thread-catcher things that is in progress (you can see the ice cream lid rim in the background, just waiting!). See last pic!

(If you've noticed the lack of neutral thread colors, all my black/white/beige STILL had to go into a tub. It was just easier to go ahead and BUY new thread than it was to dig for old, so I ended up with a gazillion shades and duplicates. NO MORE, though! YAY!)

Updated to add photo of thread-catcher thing that's hot off the machine...total crafting happiness! (You can see the ice cream lid lurking in the back of the inside-of-door cabinet waiting to be turned into the rim of of the catcher!)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2008 03:44:06 PM by graced » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
darkladymajesta
« Reply #594 on: February 09, 2008 07:02:06 AM »

I got my space together!
Before:

After:

Much more on my flickr and here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=226397
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WitchCatXeen

life's a joke, so make fun of it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: February 09, 2008 10:14:24 PM »

Welcome to my unholy mess.  Blogged about here http://www.funkycatstudio.com/?p=19.

I share a room with my very beloved (male) roomie.  Its a large room, used to be double car garage, so not much of a problem there... except that we LIVE in here.  So my space is pretty much thin corner.  I do end up with knitting projects laying around here and there.  I have more than some but less than most I think.

My main means of storage is plastic drawers.  I'm realizing that this may not be a very good idea.  I was buying one every month or so as I was able to pinch my pennies and now I have a whole bunch which isn't quite enough yet.  I have one stack that is leaning a bit but I think that's because the pile is sitting on top of one huge one.  So I need to re stack a bit or something.

I've also learned that its kind of fun to store things on the wall.  There's a bit more hanging above the drawers in that little nook to the left. 

It basically got like this because a. I've just been REALLY down/extra low on energy.  b. I went looking for my RP dice.  Still haven't found them.  c. Started spring cleaning because that helps me feel better and whenever you clean it always gets worse before it gets better.

I was thinking of moving my printer down below the desk where there's a little shelf thing piled with crap and moving my crafty books to where my printer is.  The books were sitting on one of the plastic drawers but my roomie moved them to where they are now >.<  I don't care if the weight of the books was causing the drawer below it to not be able to close.  MOST of the drawers can't close for various reasons! lol

So yeah, I basically have to tiptoe and balance my way to my chair and collapse in it, that's how bad it is!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

**mandie**
« Reply #596 on: February 10, 2008 08:12:51 AM »

Hey everyone!  I'm so glad I found this thread!  I just cleaned up my craft corner a few weeks ago.  I'm so jealous of the size of some of your craft areas.. sheesh!  Maybe someday.  For now I just have a corner of the laundry room.
Here's the before:  Unfortunately I don't have a before of under the table.  It was rediculous!  

With some of my Christmas money I got some nice shelves and my SIL got me some really great baskets for Christmas.  My son (2 1/2 yrs old) and I made a magazine holder from a green bean box (he put the glue on and I put on random clips from magazines).  

A shot with Hammy:

Andy my favorite things: my basket on the right with yarn- my jars of buttons, knitting needles, crochet hooks, paper stars, my SNB books (gifts from my other SIL) and my cat pin cushion my aunt made for me that I love love love!!!

I'm still working on the material.  Right now I have a storage bin full and 2 garbage bags full under the table.  At the very least I want to get the stuff out of garbage bags and into storage bins.  
Thanks for looking!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Serenita
« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2008 09:14:47 AM »

did you notice that almost all of you have the same plastic shelves? funny (especially because i've never seen those here in austria XD)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bushbaby
Ex Bonis Aardy

Hug the bushbaby! Evil does not wear a Bonnet!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #598 on: February 17, 2008 01:32:34 AM »

The time had come, I realised
To sort out all my things,
My pens, my beads,
My fab-er-ic and all the mess it brings
and all the paper bits I have
to craft my imaginings

So with my mothers help, we set
to clearing all the mess
My books, my pads,
My U.F.O's and things as yet unseen.
and when the job was good and done
my crafts space was so clean. 
  Grin

My books all neat, so clear to see
and all my things in place.
My crafting desk, a joyous sight
A space for my craft-ings
And now I have a place to work
I cease this endless rhyming
  Grin

Apologies to the Lewis Caroll estate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2014 - 67/50 Done!

Personal swaps welcome Cheesy
battikins
« Reply #599 on: February 17, 2008 01:38:14 AM »

Shocked wow, that is insane^^^^^^  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Marble Magnets and Picture Marbles
How to Make a Wrapped Wire Loop
How to Make Wire Wrapped Beaded Bracelet
Rosette Beaded Pendant Necklace
How to Make a Beaded Pendant Necklace
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...