A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,198
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 98496 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monica_thompson
It's Momica! Mother to everyone--whether they like it or not!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: September 17, 2007 07:37:57 AM »

That looks awesome...you did a great job.  I especially like the corner with the sewing machine...it looks so cozy and inviting!
I HAVE to get these babies down for a nap so i can go finish my room!
Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grant me the strength, endurance, and focus to see it through.
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #551 on: October 12, 2007 04:31:50 PM »

So...it's that time. I cannot stand it one minute more. (Of course, this state of affairs probably has more to do with a currently unmet freelance deadline passing today than the actual need to clean, but I digress.)

I have an 8 x 12 "office" just off my kitchen. Unfortunately, when we built the house I asked for french doors into my office. Yeah. BAD idea. It's the first thing people see when they come in our door. It looks like Hiroshima must have looked the day after. To make it worse, my husband is moonlighting, needs the computer, and is wanting to be in MY space much of the time he is home, and he is a very tidy (engineer) person. I'm seeing this space through HIS eyes, and boy, does it need help.

This is just after I started tearing things out to organize...you can usually get to the computer desk if you are careful to follow the path I kick in the mess. I remembered this thread while sorting fabrics (only about 1/10th of my stash, unfortunately) and decided it was just the kick in the pants I needed to get this mess cleared and maybe even pretty.

Any suggestions would be welcome! The bookshelves are full of my professional (teaching) books though I've been out of the classroom now for more than five years. I want to keep the books until there's no possibility my kids might need what's in them, but I think I'm going to try to move many of them to the attic to commune with the rest of my yarn/fabric/junk stash.

Pretend you're sitting in my computer chair. This is to your left.

The computer area. I have some shelves under the desk that I plan to use better.

(The flikr link if the pix don't show: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thehumofdelicious/sets/72157602392489651/ )

Right of the computer:

Facing away from the computer:

So, do I win some kind of prize for the absolute worst mess in the world?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
toomuchrock

Just another day in suburbia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: October 12, 2007 05:42:56 PM »

I think if i had a prize to give, you would take the cake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft, Therefor I Rock!

toomuchrock.etsy.com

MOOLA! It amazes me
Never heard of Moola? PM me or click the link for More details.
morus
« Reply #553 on: October 12, 2007 06:05:03 PM »

Hello Graced, I must say I'm very impressed.  <G>  I have never used my sewing machine for a book mark!  You ARE creative!  <G>
Please don't be offended.  Mine mess is worse but I don't have the computer/digital photo skills to prove it.  Good luck with your organizing. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greyshadeofblack
« Reply #554 on: October 12, 2007 06:18:17 PM »

Graced-
Your craft room is not beyond repair!
Besides, once you do get it all fancied up, it looks like you have alot of beautiful materials and tools to inspire you.
My suggestion is take it slowly, in little bites, and congratulate yourself for each one.
PS. Don't feel guilty about saving those books, they are learning waiting to happen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #555 on: October 12, 2007 07:25:21 PM »

I think my sewing room would give your room some competition for that award lol!
I'm afraid to bring my camera in there though Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #556 on: October 13, 2007 04:50:26 AM »

Graced, at least you have a lot to work with! Lots of great shelving and space. It does look time consuming though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
val_for_design
Shimmy to the left, and shake it to the right

I should be working...

« Reply #557 on: October 13, 2007 08:47:01 AM »

Graced, I'm saving your photos onto my harddrive, so the next time my  partner gets stuck into me about my "highly efficient filing system", I can show him your crafting glory and saw, "See? It can get worse!" In the nicest possible way  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I suffer from SABLE -- Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy.

Crochet uses a hook. Pirates have hooks, and they are cool. So crochet is cool because of the hook.

"I'm the Fibre King, Michael. I'm the Fibre King." - Horatio Caine, CSI
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

« Reply #558 on: October 13, 2007 09:36:21 AM »

Yay! See? I KNEW this mess was good for something!!!!! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
heathersy

she came to recon

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 16, 2007 04:03:29 PM »

graced, bless you for reviving this topic. I went back and found that it has been two months since I posted my mess. And, well, it is an entirely different beast now. (Two pieces of furniture have been extracted, but there are new ones in their place, plus a clothes rail. Eek.) But I am making in roads and came here to get that "I'm okay, you're okay," twelve step feeling. Purge and sort, sort and purge. Breathe.

This one piece will make everything possible.  ;)The medusa lamp that I bought at Home Depot and somehow bent one of the base poles out of shape moving. It would not stand up and neither my DH nor I could figure a work around -- until I zip tied the sucker to the IKEA shelves. Now I actually have task lighting (as opposed to one sad little recessed light. Honestly, recessed light in a basement?)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/thegreencraftster/CraftRoom014.jpg[/img]]

And this is the best idea I have had so far in terms of actual organization. It is a surplus bi-fold door, the slats of which I have used to hang clear bags containing cut and pieced recons to sew. (To the right is my inspiration board. Too much inspiration, too little organization.)
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/thegreencraftster/CraftRoom013.jpg[/img]]

And here is my decorating instead of tidying spectrum of paint chips over my sewing(in name only at this point) table. To the left is the clothes rail I slapped together to clear my going out clothes out of the spare room.

More shame, sharing and and sorting out to follow . . . soon.
My name is heathersy and I am a craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cats know where my Sharpie went but they ain't tellin'.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best Tips for Leftover Fruitcake
Celebrate National Egg Nog Day With These Recipes
The Perfect Homemade Raspberry Jam Recipe
How to Make Egg Nog Truffles
How to Make Deep Fried Oreos and Pulled Pork Egg Rolls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...