A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 94074 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

silverlining86

*Road Trip Junkie*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: January 19, 2007 10:54:54 AM »

I am not fortunate enough to have a separate room for all my crafting supplies so they are currently devouring my bedroom.  I also haven't been too keen on keeping things tidy.

My horrible aim results in my laundry completely missing the hamper, my homework gets stacked on my scrapping supplies and my sewing supplies get stacked on my crafting supplies. I have a problem with starting one project and not finishing it before moving on so various projects have taken residence among the laundry and nooks and crannies in my room.  I have attempted some organization.  Crafting/Scrapbooking is supposed to be limited to my second closet, Sewing to the sewing cart and my homework and photography to the computer desk but we all know that doesn't always work out as planned.  So here a few shots of my disastrous room.  I present to you the results of Hurricane Trish.

Shot from the doorway of the laundry devouring my floor.

Overview shot from the bed.  Wow, I'm a slob.

The crafting closet: what a disaster.

My goal for today:  Conquering this monstrosity before I head home to visit my parents. Eep.  I'll post the after pics when/if I finish it today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 19, 2007 05:03:44 PM »

oh my god. I NEED to do this! Mid February - after all serious more important events are - I need to do a MASSIVE room cleaning. Not craft room, but bedroom. Oh god its horrible. One small fish tank, two twenty gallon tanks with turtles and snake, a big TV, tons of furnature, suitcases everywhere, mass piles of clothing and blankets, unpacked suitcases from christmas vacation, and proof of my horrible guilty eating binges. *eyes the box of lucky charms next to her... bought only so she can pick the marshmallows out*

Oh man... this will be intense. I would do my craft room, only its seperated into two now... and neither is horrible enough to warrant before/after pictures - or even a serious cleaning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
Bluevase
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2007 06:38:17 PM »

oh my god. I NEED to do this! Mid February - after all serious more important events are - I need to do a MASSIVE room cleaning. Not craft room, but bedroom. Oh god its horrible. One small fish tank, two twenty gallon tanks with turtles and snake, a big TV, tons of furnature, suitcases everywhere, mass piles of clothing and blankets, unpacked suitcases from christmas vacation, and proof of my horrible guilty eating binges. *eyes the box of lucky charms next to her... bought only so she can pick the marshmallows out*

Oh man... this will be intense. I would do my craft room, only its seperated into two now... and neither is horrible enough to warrant before/after pictures - or even a serious cleaning!

Aw good luck and stay strong!

(PS I love this site...www.organizedhome.com)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #433 on: February 10, 2007 08:42:48 AM »

I found all the things I need for organizing part one of my bedroom/craftroom. I ordered one thing becasue I couldn't find it in any stores around here. (and I thought walmart carried everything.) But the other two items are availible at wally world. I doubt I can convince my hubby to get them today though. But maybe after my ordered item shows up....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boygirlparty

hi, i'm susie ghahremani / boygirlparty.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: February 13, 2007 03:10:57 PM »

hey silverlining86, i have those same bedsheets!

i recently did a total overhaul of my studio, it feels great!!! i got rid of some bulky cabinets that i could never seem to keep stuff in and replaced it with almost a wall high unit from ikea. i'm completely convinced that the only way to keep a room clean is to have shelving that goes ALL THE WAY UP! it's like taking my entire floor (which was covered in crafts and things) and just tacking it right up on the wall out of the way. ha!

the best part of my studio now is that i feel professional working in here. that's a feeling i never really had in my studio before. it always felt like a part of my home, and now it feels like my workplace, so i am more efficient when i'm in here.

without further ado. the before pictures:

the after pictures:

gotta love ikea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my site: boygirlparty.com: boygirlparty.com
http://shop.boygirlparty.com: the shop at boygirlparty.com
etsy instagram
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #435 on: February 13, 2007 03:13:29 PM »

wow! What a change! I can't wait for the IKEA to open up in Portland this Summer *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #436 on: February 13, 2007 04:16:42 PM »

boygirlparty do you just love your expidit or what. Mine survived two crosscountry moves and a trip up the coastline and is now enjoying life in Oakland California about 12 miles from where it was purchased, which is odd as it has traveled some 6000 miles to get there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #437 on: February 13, 2007 05:36:55 PM »

Boygirlparty- Your room looks great! Lucky you to have an ikea!
I had to put my money that I had set aside for organization supplies towards dog food. Some things are just more important.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boygirlparty

hi, i'm susie ghahremani / boygirlparty.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: February 13, 2007 07:02:45 PM »

i just read that as "your mom looks great" instead of "your room looks great" - i've got to put on my glasses before craftstering.

expedit is the BEST! we got it on sale for $179, but i bet we could have gotten it even cheaper on craigslist. if you live near an ikea, your local craigslist will be chock full of ikea rejects from people's big moves - although i have a feeling expedit could handle any kind of move. it's the most sturdy piece of ikea crap i own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my site: boygirlparty.com: boygirlparty.com
http://shop.boygirlparty.com: the shop at boygirlparty.com
etsy instagram
flutegeek104

Can't touch this!!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2007 03:33:17 PM »

so I said over the summer I would get my parents basement cleaned out because then I would get it as a craft area. I've been working on it slowly but surely for the past few weeks. And then disaster struck again. Our basement once again flooded. I think I'll just have to clean my room totally instead. I want to paint it a brightish orange and pretty much just change the feel from "sleepy 10 year old" to "energetic teenager". So I'll take pics soon enough and get cracking. Its really not that horrible, just a lot of stuff into a tiny room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fun in the Tub With Lush Soaps
How to Dress for School
Kenya Dolls & Hot Wheels Make Great Additions To Your Holiday Shopping List
How to Make a Recycled T-Shirt Dress for Girls
Back To School Shopping: Printed Denim For Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...