A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
783 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 86460 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: August 24, 2006 01:52:20 PM »

Does anyone or has anyone created a moveable craft storage and work space? 

I'm thinking maybe one of those kitchen carts with a butcher block top and lots of storage below.  I was in Bed Bath and Beyond last night and saw those.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

smash
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2006 10:26:08 AM »

Y'all have inspired me. I haven't actually done anything yet, but I took my before pictures and started a very specific to-do list that will get me started. I have tomorrow off from work, and my plan is to enlist help from my sister for my next day off, Wednesday. Unfortunately, the craft mess explosion is merely a symptom of a bigger problem, but I have to start somewhere.

I know everyone who struggles with space is going to want to hurt me when they see how much space I have, but believe me, I KNOW how good I have it. (I live alone in a three-bedroom duplex.) I beat myself up all the time about how lazy and messy I am regarding care and organization of my projects and crafts. I need some major rooting-for and accountability!

I posted my before pictures and to-do list on my journal so I can update my progress regularly and with detail without hijacking this thread. See my embarrasing mess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2006 10:37:03 AM »

I know everyone who struggles with space is going to want to hurt me when they see how much space I have, but believe me, I KNOW how good I have it. (I live alone in a three-bedroom duplex.) I beat myself up all the time about how lazy and messy I am regarding care and organization of my projects and crafts. I need some major rooting-for and accountability!

I used to think that "more space" was the answer to my chronic disorganization.  And, for some folks, maybe it is the answer to theirs.  For me, more space just equals a larger volume of mess.  And since my natural inclination is toward chaos, it's an ongoing struggle -- the Before and After photos posted by other Creative Types is extremely helpful and inspiring!

PLEASE stop beating yourself up!  One of the few things I *have* learned is that self-flaggelation does nothing to combat the disorder.  (I tried banning myself from creating anything until my home was in order.  Didn't work, other than to worsen my depression.)

I've also made the super-specific To Do list.  (Item 1 is "Put away thread")  I'm going to attach it to the door I use to enter the room most frequently with painter's tape.  Maybe seeing it every day will help?

I'm not making the progress I'd hoped on my room, but I guess I got enough Flylady emails over the years to stop beating myself up over it -- I am NOT behind and I can jump in where I am!  (Too bad her system didn't ingraine itself the rest of the way!)

I'll be rooting for us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2006 11:09:57 AM »

YAY!  You can do it!! Don't beat yourself up about your mess. That doesn't help, only makes it worse.  I used to do the same thing, but I learned that it doesn't help. Getting help is an excellent idea!  It's always easier for me to stick with doing something if someone's there to help me, and push me along a little!  Good luck!  We'll be here cheering you on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2006 12:05:24 PM »

ok - I'm FINALLY getting around to posting the uber embaressing photos.

here's my original post in this thread.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=112209.msg1085503#msg1085503

ok these are were the mess is currently spreadout:

knitting on the entertainment center

Here is the tool chest that belongs to the boy

Here is part of my yarn stash:

the big white thing in the foreground is the boy's spray booth for airbrushing. keep in mind this stack of crap is in my BEDROOM.

Here is another stack of crap in the bedroom with my art supply tub covered in boxes of the boy's models:

ok - and now the good part!! here is the bathroom for our crafty area with a work in progress:
the boy is painting my crackberry this obnoxious pink pearl color this is all his supplies laid out. You can see the extra case he messed up in there some where.

Veiw of the craft room from the door

my sewing machine is covered in fabric over in the corner - cause the boy didn't want to get it covered in paint when he was painting the crackberry.

veiw from the window

our file server is in the right hand corner - taking up by the desk I was using for a sewing table.

I would swear I had a photo of my craft stash in the craft room closet, but I can't find it now.  Tongue

I need to:

1) clean the carpet & the walls
2) purchase additional table for sewing machine and spray booth
3) get the TV or playstation hooked up so I can listen to music or watch TV while I'm crafting.
4) purchase lamp/s to light the room - it doesn't have an over head light expect for the string of rope lights my roomie left when he moved out.
5) get some shelves to put stuff on in easy reach.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

New Craft Blog - best way to contact me right now is via the bloggie Smiley

Wists are a wonderful thing!

Want a sticker?
cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2006 09:10:55 PM »

I wish I had "after" photos to post ... my room is not done, but I've made some progress -- I got the Craft Crap out of the living room!  (My computer desk is my primary paper-crafting station.)

Here's a before shot:

It's nice and clear, now!  Just a few bags for Freecyclers left of the debris that was there a few days ago!  Yay!

OK, so it's not a huge improvement.  It's something, darnit!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
smash
« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2006 02:14:12 PM »

I didn't get the clap, but I'm happy with Kiwi's cheer. Just you wait ... I WILL get the clap.

I say every step is progress! Sometimes progress comes from baby steps, right? I have secured my sister as a "cleaning buddy" for Wednesday. I have decided how I'll rearrange my furniture, and what to use as my sewing table.

This is kind of cheating, but as it's storming like mad outside, I've decided to spend the day inside finishing projects instead of running errands. I did manage to pick up some paint samples for the spare room, so when my sister gets here early Wednesday morning, we can pick a color and buy paint and hardware for the bedframe in the room all at once.

I can't find the original post, but someone shared "after" pics that included a little ironing board. While picking up paint chips at Wal Mart, I looked around for one of those little guys. Instead, I found an over-the-door fold-down ironing board. I'm thinking I'll use that to keep my sewing machine on. I think I have a way to make it low enough to sit comfortably. Thanks for the inspiration, whoever you are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2006 07:18:17 PM »

Kiwi Monkey... I want you as a sister!!!  You are SO awesome!!!  And I so hope you give the clap to the last poster!!!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiwimonkey
« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2006 07:48:20 PM »

aw that's kiki, I never had a sister Smiley

And yes, I'll give smash the clap, just as soon as she gets her space cleaned up Smiley  But she's making real progress!

GO SMASH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
slb2724
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2006 09:13:48 PM »

when krispy kreme opened here, people were SO excited. it was the first one in canada, or western canada or something. there were line ups down the street, all through the mall parking lot, etc.

now, it's always empty. no one ever goes there. once everyone got over the excitement, they realized they were pretty gross donuts!

i do like donuts, i just don't like theirs! way too much sugar, they hurt my teeth!

haha same here! they made one, and everyone was like yay for about a month. 2 months later it was closed. theyres still nothing in that store lol....they do taste pretty bad...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Select With the Magic Wand Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Magnetic Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Polygonal Lasso Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Select With the Selection Tool in Flash CS3
How to Set Snapping Options in Flash CS3
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...