A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,690
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 93526 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2006 04:43:46 AM »

Icebyrd,
I'M Impressed! That's a GREAT improvement!
Way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2006 06:06:18 AM »

Icebyrd,
I'M Impressed! That's a GREAT improvement!
Way to go!

haha.  thank!  tomorrow or thursday, i tackle the closet.  which surprise surprise, looks worse than it did yesterday.  lol.  i do have a carpet!  altho now i dont think i should have uncovered it because you can see where i've spilt paint and wax and such.  lol.

~jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
mintlatte
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2006 07:41:22 AM »

Bambi: I totally dig you :-) I thought I was the only one with my wedding dress in my craft room!!

ANyway, I worked for 5 hours in there last night, and it kind of shows.  I even have generational WIPS....things my grandma worked on (and I inherited) that are not finished!!!!

Y'all would be proud though, I pared three boxes of those down to 1 gallon size ziplock of totally meaningful items. 

I do however have one thing that was too nice to throw out or just goodwill.....I would like to gift it to a craftster whose work I particularly admire.......would any of you be wierded out if someone PM'd you and said they wanted to send some stuff???

KarenM.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2006 11:56:11 AM »

OMG!!!!  I just had to write without looking at everyon else's kudos to you. SHE BETTER HAVE GIVEN YOU CLAPPING HANDS!!!!  I saw your first post and recognized immediately how great you have done!!!  It looks gorgeous!!! 

I'm getting SO many great ideas from you guys, thanks everyone for posting!!!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006 12:00:37 PM by kikigirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2006 01:30:09 PM »

You know, mint, I doubt anyone would turn down free stash!

I've been on this plastic bin buying kick...EVERYTHING MUST HAVE IT'S OWN BIN! I've been telling Mr. K that I've been paring down, but so far that isn't happening yet.

Is there still an angoing fabris swap? That's a good way to get rid of excess fabric, too.(and, of course, get some in return, but you could ship it out in lots.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewingLori
« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2006 01:57:18 PM »

[/quote]

YAY! i can craft happily now. i am very close to messing it up as i have a TON of packages that need to go out today. but i read this real simple mag that gave tips on cleaning up that says that before you go to bed, you should "reset" the house every night; that is, take five minutes to tidy up your house before you go to sleep. i think i will adopt a bedtime from now on Wink
[/quote]

About 2 weeks ago my husband said to me, "after Cohen (my son) is asleep, we should take 5 minutes and clean up our stuff. That way, we'll have a tidy home when we wake up."

At first I rolled my eyes, but now, it is almost a habit and I must say that I enjoy the cleaner house. Now if only the 2 year old would stop throwing blocks around!

I still need to post my after pics. I've been so productive since "The Big Clean"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ophelia
*OpHeLiA*

i <3 craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2006 02:55:11 PM »

HI everyone! First off, I am so relieved that I am not the only one with a craft room/studio that looks as though a tornado just went through it.  I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this thread during my break from trying to organize the clutter in my studio. 

I noticed earlier in the thread someone mentioning using "photo boxes" to store and organize photos...  how about using them to organize supplies?

I seriously went to JoAnns superstore one day and bought out ALL of the black photo boxes... imagine me with 24 photo boxes  overflowing in my shopping cart pulling up to the cash stand!!!! I'm sure the cashier thought i was nuts.

Here's a "in the process" pic:

I labeled the boxes with my new love... the labelmaker... I also purchased these open crates to store things that I need easy access to... organized by tape, glue, and paint spirits, etc. 

Items in photo: PHOTO BOXES ($2-3 each @ Michaels & JoAnns), WHITE OPEN CRATES ($2-3 JoAnns), SHELVING ($49.99 Ikea), ORANGE CRATE ($1 Target), LABEL MAKER (Target)

I show more pics later but I need to get back to organizing ! THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2006 03:01:29 PM »

ok here is my original post with my messy room http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=112209.msg1072135#msg1072135

and here are some in progress shots, i'm still working on it so hopefully i will have finished shots tonight or tomorrow.

i know i didn't take pictures of this side of the room at first, but i've decided to rearrange and take over the whole loft area since we dont use it as a living room like we thought we would (we have two others downstairs anyways)

ok and here is where my original mess was, I moved everything around, separated my desks so i have one for sewing only, and one for all of my other crafts. On the left side of my sewing desk is my dresser that has all of my unfinished projects, and supplies like patterns, and threads and assorted other stuff. On the left side of the dresser i have a white quilt rack, and unfortunately i cant hang all my nice quilts and afghans on it because my cats would climb them and snag them and then i would cry. So while i was trying to figure out what to do with it i had a brilliant idea, my storage bins that hold different projects fit perfectly on the racks meant for quilts. My larger pink boxes also fit on top so i thought that was a pretty good solution for holding all my storage boxes!

Ok on the right side of the sewing maching i relocated my old kitchen table to use as a cutting table. It previously was on the other side of the loft next to the couch, not convenient for cutting. I want to go buy risers to put under the legs to raise it up to counter height. I put my rubbermaid with most of my fabric under the table and facing my sewing machine, very convenient.

we moved in a few months ago and i hadn't done any decorating upstairs so i got out all of my little things and tried to decorate. I also made the little valances because the windows are really ugly, they have cheapo blinds and no moldings or any other nice details. The dress next to my cutting table is one i'm working on for my sister.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
BambiKhantastic

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2006 03:30:29 PM »

Ophilia, I love the photobox idea! I like the plastic rubbermaid ones so that I can see what's in it, but I think I'll Def. Pick some up!

Superstitch, your area is looking great! I LOVE loft spaces(probably since I don't have to deal with their drawbacks, eh?) and, frankly, I like the "stuff I've made on the wall" approach...Why not, hang up some of your totally awesome work, Like a "working Gallery"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2006 03:32:37 PM »

Oh, and I forgot...I have a ton of hats & scarves that need to be displayed...any thoughts other than a million nails in the wall?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Tron: Legacy
Creating Shadows on the Wall
How to Edit with Final Cut Pro
Johnny Depp In Depth
Olivia Wilde - TRON: Legacy
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...