A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 89754 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cinderly
Crazy Cat Lady (in training)

Morkmer loves his eggy!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2006 02:53:01 PM »

It looks so soothing all clean and presentable, Kiwi!  I really like the fabric cubes in your closet.  Made?  Purchased?

Your room looks fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuff I've made  --  Swap Info  --  Wist  -- got a secret?

Got 4.5" cotton squares?  I <3 personal swaps!
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2006 03:15:51 PM »

thanks cinderly!  Presentable is what I was going for.  everything is in our living room, right niside the front door.  The fabric cube in the closet are just great!  Three of them(one's hiding) are from taget $6 a piece.  The two hot pink ones came from wal*mart.  We thought it was just one, and it was kind of expensive ($9) but when we got home and opened it up, there were two!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2006 03:20:07 PM »

FANTASTIC job Kiwimonkey!  Not only is your mess now tidied and organized, but it looks CLEAN too!  I would totally be cool letting my baby crawl all over that floor it looks so clean!  Can I send him over to test it out?  just kidding!

Great job!  The before pics really show the immense difference!  You deserve a treat!  Ice cream for everyone! 

Hmmmm, I'm sure I see some fabric in there that suits me....Tongue
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006 03:31:59 PM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mlwl
Wist Klepto

Wheeeee!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2006 03:26:58 PM »

So, in a weird way this makes me feel better.  I'm not the only one who creates surrounded by mess  Grin

I can DEFINITELY relate to that sentiment!

*Sigh*  This was the perfect day for me to find this... my family is coming to visit tomorrow, and the hubby has been in quite a bad mood over the crafting... (mind you, I should actually be cleaning rather than posting pictures of the mess, but meh.)

So, this is where I started (not taken today, cleaning is a WIP)

Hopefully I'll have some good news to post tomorrow before they all get here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2006 03:27:44 PM »

I added the link.  Thanks for the suggestion, I knew I was forgetting something! I also added a description of everything and what's what etc.  DOn't know if you saw that before you posted.

Anyway, send him over!  I went over the carpet carefully looking for all the pins I'd dropped over the course of the last year. It nearlly doubled my collection of pins!! Smiley

I'm sure I could probably stand to part with most of the fabric that's there, but it's so hard to purge such lovely fabric that you'd know would make a lovely something.  So, it's sits on my shelf, waiting for me to decide what that something is Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2006 06:19:35 PM »

Congrats Kiwi!! It looks great!

So My first order of business has been to get everything in one place. It started a craft scavenger hunt. Want to come along? Okay!

We start off right by the front door. My loads of Craftster booty that hasn't been shelved yet:

Behind the couch? That's a GREAT place to keep things!

Downstairs into the bar...Bags of to-do's and in the background...More bags of crafts! (and the kegorator)

The Garage should be safe....Right? WRONG!

Where the magic happens...In front of Mr.Khantastic's absurd TV.

So I finally got it all in one space...I drug everything out of my craft room, and into the living room. Mr. Khantastic almost had a heart attack.

Shatner is helping.

It's all still there, awaiting the great sorting...but we're on our way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superstitch
Clothing Moderator
Quilting Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

she's just a cosmic girl

from another galaxy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2006 06:48:45 PM »

WOW, that is alot of stuff! I have big plans for cleaning and organizing this weekend, my only problem is that i dont have enough storage containers to hold all of my things. I will post some in progress shots later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mustaches are sooo 2 years ago

my blog
wists
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2006 06:54:51 PM »

dude, your dog's name is Shatner?  2nd best name ever!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
spaz2phreek
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2006 07:00:59 PM »

Kiwi- Looks great! I love the way you organized your WIPs. I never know what to do with those so I don't lose pieces or forget about it.

Bambi- Goodness me oh my...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
pastiche
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2006 07:15:50 PM »

ok. i've been following this since it started and i'm happy to report i got off my butt and cleaned my mess today!! here's some background. i started sewing about a year and a half ago while i was living in a 2 bedroom apt with my bf. the second br was devoted to sewing/computer stuff. i've always been into the visual arts; i have an art degree, so i have a ton of paint, collage materials, photo stuff, etc. most of that stuff is in storage now because i've really fallen in love with sewing. ok. anyway, i moved back home last summer and my sewing stash just kept growing. we have a spare bedroom where i housed my sewing machine and fabric, etc, plus 3 pieces of furniture from my apt, a treadmill (the p's) and some kind of exercise machine (also the p's). so i have half of the room, which isn't very big to begin with. now onto the before pics.

this is what you see from the doorway. i intentionally left out the exercise half.

here's a close-up of some of my fabric stash and some bin thing i thought was a good idea, but i just couldn't get it to work!

here's one of my ikea cabinets that pretty much is full of junk. along with a bunch of bags from my pre-sewing days ( i was handbag obsessed.) that i can't seem to get rid of.

ok. and the AFTER:
again, the view from the door. which is different because i rearranged and added a cabinet i found in the crawlspace.

another angle. this shows my awesome pegboard idea that i stole from tina sparkles. i thought it was such an awesome idea, but i don't know what to put on it! so right now it just holds my thread thing and some scissors. i've had this since december. i'm horrible! the white cabinet is from the crawlspace. i originally thought i would fold my fabric and put it on the shelves, but the more i thought about it, the more i thought it would end up in a pile on the floor if i did that! i bought the mini ironing board at target and put it on top. it sure beats ironing on the floor like i've been doing! the ironing board came with a little hamper that's on the right side of the shelving. i thought that would be a good place for scraps. oooo. and the silver drawer thingie. i love this. i have a drawer for zippers, ribbon, buttons, strap stuff, patterns, etc.  oh and i stole the bins from the thing that was there before and took out the wood stand. i figure i'll use the bins for something eventually.

and, finally the ikea cabinet.  i put my bulkier fabric in here. some vinyl, batting, all my knit jersey, some t's for recons. the bottom shelf holds 3 bins with shrinky dink stuff, paint, some various jewelry things and the box underneath is my screenprinting kit that i haven't touched!!!!!

i'm sooo glad it's finished. now i just need to figure out what to do with all this fabric i don't want anymore. anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turning Tyres Into Art
Tiny Skeleton Art, Creepy or Cool?
Man Turns Damaged Tree Into A Magnificent Work of Art
Jeff Koons on How Art Enlightens Him
The Future of Aesthetics with Dale Chihuly
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...