A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Share your Mess...Then let's clean it up!  (Read 94086 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #660 on: October 23, 2009 07:04:27 AM »

Karen09, my only advice to you is to sit down and make a wicked-awesome mix cd, (if you can't then just put on Pandora on your laptop) and just get to it!  Set a whole day aside.  It's not going to be fun but once you get into it, it won't seem so much like a job as much as a mission, and know that once you're done it's going to feel SO good!  Start by making piles, it's going to get worse before it gets better so don't get flustered when you make more of a mess, lol Wink  Good luck! 

oh, also, don't focus on things you need to get the job done, that only causes procrastination if you don't have money, like I don't.  Plan on working with what you have, you can always add additional storage later on (check thrift stores for storage solutions or for things you can turn into storage solutions).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
karen09
« Reply #661 on: October 23, 2009 08:52:43 AM »

murbeck! thanks for the great advice on the music, i think that would really help. i kinda started and you are sooo totally right about making it worse before it gets better. im kinda in that stage but the bookshelf is looking better. actually i think its done. and my friend came over and helped me organize my fabric, it looks great! at least those two little areas.

you also have a very valid point about not focusing on what i need. i dont always have money and i was procrastinating till i did get some but i realized i dont need it. ive been saving tin cans and i have been covering them with felt. oh i drill a hole in them first and then cover with felt. im going to use shower ring and a towel bar to make my own ikea thingy that everyone has.

Ive realized that my problem is that i dont know how to categorize very well. for example, i have my fabric on that shelf on the wall, and i have zippers in the tower shelf in the closet, should i put the zippers with the fabric in some sort of storage or leave as is? Thanks for the help and encouragement, ill post pics as the dust settles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I went a little overboard making reusable nursing pads Tongue PM if you want to swap for some.
Looking to swap for an old skeleton key!

also looking for a penpal, i want to make friends all over the world!!
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: October 23, 2009 06:03:05 PM »

because I am a visual person I place things where I think they look good. Not together. But I know where everything is when I need it.
My other piece of advice is to put things back after a project. I know it seems like a big task at the time, but it's better than having it get too messy where it becomes overwhelming. I have been doing this lately and it's so much more enjoyable to go create something. Sometimes I just sit in my art room because it's enjoyable to be there. Make it a place you want to be.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karen09
« Reply #663 on: October 25, 2009 03:04:11 PM »

getting better....

its a start right? i cant take full credit for it, my friend angie really came through with helping me organize the fabric.

smuckers9 i think im a visual person too but, i dont always remember where stuff is, so i think i have to put things together at least for easy access. thanks guys
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I went a little overboard making reusable nursing pads Tongue PM if you want to swap for some.
Looking to swap for an old skeleton key!

also looking for a penpal, i want to make friends all over the world!!
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: October 25, 2009 05:55:46 PM »

It's a huge start!  Grin  And seeing that lovliness will only motivate you to to continue!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

darkladymajesta
« Reply #665 on: January 01, 2010 12:33:13 PM »

I recently reorganized my craft room after having made it messy all semester. So I will give you a quick before and after photo

Before:

After

Also, does anyone know how to get Picasa to work with craftster for posting photos? I couldn't get it to work so I went back to my old flickr account. Thanks Smiley

I have already added another three drawer cart and fixed up some cubbies so there is more to the room. But I was to excited to share to wait for my camera battery to charge.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2010 12:40:44 PM by darkladymajesta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: January 01, 2010 02:05:12 PM »

I use picasa to post my pics.  It's more time consuming but here's how I do it (I'd love to know if anyone knows any easier way)

After you've uploaded your photos to a Picasa Web Album, click "link to this photo" (on the right hand side of the screen) which will then give you a Link code and an Embed Image code.  Chose what size you want the photo to be by using the dropdown menu under the Embed image code.  Next, copy and paste the Embed image code into the message box on craftster.  Now, you have to do some deleting.  First delete everything in the code from <table (the beginning) to the second http and then everything following jpg to the end.  Your code should look something like this now (it will contain photo name near the end, where my example is "P706035":

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_YNcBs6xsncA/SNU7kc557QI/AAAAAAAABjE/Ve3TrWwehbk/s144/P706035.JPG
(I changed a couple random letters in the above so that the link doesn't actually take you to my photos  Wink)

Now, highlight this code and click the image button (right under the Bold button) and you've now got the proper code for your photo to show up. 

Hope this helps & I love your organized craft space!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 01, 2010 07:05:02 PM »

looks great-Where did you get the shelf thing holsing all of your acrylic paints? (At least I think that's what it is Cheesy) I've been looking for one for awhile now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #668 on: January 02, 2010 04:29:51 PM »

Here is a slightly blurred photo of the cube shelves that are directly behind my desk.

@Murbeck- Thanks for the picasa help!

@Smuckers9 - I got that at Michaels! It was by the decorative painting section (where the stencils and tole painting stuff is) I used a 40% off coupon because it is originally 29.99
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010 04:32:33 PM by darkladymajesta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #669 on: January 02, 2010 05:23:27 PM »

So, I attempted a clean up of my craft room, and it immediately made me want to make something.  I didn't even get it picture worthy, but damn, I wanted to mess it up all over again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...